Thread: ob2 port died

Tuner in Training

ob2 port died

I have a jeep with a lq4 that has been on the road for around 100k miles. The serial wire just up and died.

UPDATE: Yep, disregard. BAFX thing went bad and the usb port on my laptop all at the same time. OBD2 port is fine LOL
    Last edited by code4; 08-21-2019 at 06:03 PM.

I'd be tempted to double check the pin in the OBD2 port - wires don't usually go bad unless cut or pinched by something. The end that gets connected/disconnected a lot is probably where your problem lies.

Not sure what the symptoms of a failed PCM might be - never had one go bad on me yet (touch wood)
    55 Belair swapped 2000 LQ4, 4L80E, 873 cast iron heads have been swapped for 853's, truck manifolds, 2 1/2 inch exhaust, glass pack mufflers, no cats.

Tuner in Training
    yeah, looking at everything. chasing our tail here. Maybe the BAFX blue tooth adapter went out and our lap top. That is what I used to verify. I also read the the serial port should put out 3 to 5 volts which it is not.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by code4 View Post
    yeah, looking at everything. chasing our tail here. Maybe the BAFX blue tooth adapter went out and our lap top. That is what I used to verify. I also read the the serial port should put out 3 to 5 volts which it is not.
    Yep, disregard. BAFX thing went bad and the usb port on my laptop all at the same time. OBD2 port is fine LOL