Thread: Firing Order Change E40

Tuner in Training

Firing Order Change E40

I'm changing the firing order on an engine swap using an E40. I understand that I have to physically re-pin both the ignition and injector circuits and that's no problem. On the software side of things, I know there are some changes too.

I found under Engine/Fuel/Injector Control/Injector Bank Select - That will allow me to assign the correct injectors to the correct side of the engine so it plays nice with the O2 sensor on that side. Easy enough.

However, I was looking under some older help files and it said there should be a way to change the firing order under the engine diagnostics for misfire. That is not there and I've looked at a bunch of different tunes on different cars.

What am I missing? If I change the bank does that change the misfire coding? This is basically like what the guys do that swap LS ECM to run a LT1, but in my case it is an oldsmobile. Same firing order as the Chevy LT1. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I've read a few other posts about this. Maybe if there is a misfire code on 7 as an example, you just have to know that it is really 4. Or 3 vs 2. Not a big deal I guess..
    Last edited by UND_Sioux; 08-21-2019 at 07:25 PM.