Thread: shift points

Tuner in Training

shift points

i have raised the rpm limit in both the ecu and tcu. i have adjusted every shift table i can find but i can not get my car to shift higher than 6200-6400. can someone please advise what tables need to be adjusted to raise the redline and shiftpoints? please and thank you.

Tuner in Training
    I'm not an expert, but I suspect you'l get more help if you tell what car + engine + transmission you have.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ELaw View Post
    I'm not an expert, but I suspect you'l get more help if you tell what car + engine + transmission you have.

2012 audi a7 3.0t zf8 transmission

Tuner in Training
    so the shift pattern tables are in output shaft speed(OSS) not rpm like i thought. you have to used the gear ratio for each gear and multiply it by the shift rpm you want. so to get it to shift at 7000 rpms in first gear, you take 7000/4.7143 and you get 1485. you then put the 1485 in the 1>2 cell(s) for the throttle % you want it to shift at 7000 in. you have to do this for each gear and driving mode table. it takes time but the end result is amazing! now i am trying to figure out how to keep the boost bypass valve from opening during WOT. if anyone knows or has an idea, please fill me in. there is not a whole lot of info out there on how to tune audis. so any help we can pass to each other, the better.