Thread: Holden (HSV) Clubsport - E38 LS2 - Persistent P0101 & P0108

Potential Tuner

Holden (HSV) Clubsport - E38 LS2 - Persistent P0101 & P0108

Hello all.

I have an LS2 that keeps throwing P0101 & P0108 codes, the only modifications to the vehicle are a VCM OTR intake and 3" Catback exhaust. I have followed guides provided on this forum and external sites and have attempted to re-scale MAF and VE table. I'd like to think I have that pretty spot on, but I have been using the STFT+LTFT math to calculate error, so naturally my WOT won't be 100%.

The codes are usually thrown under a higher load (50% throttle, small uphill gradient etc.) and low RPM (3k - 4k and under). I will occasionally get a pretty significant but once off misfire under WOT as well. This is usually enough to jolt me forward in the seat, but doesn't happen all the time.

The issue I am having is I have never successfully been able to datalog this happening. When I start datalogging, the car runs fine, pulls great to redline without issues. Therefore, I am not really sure what is occurring, the codes tell me that the MAFs value exceeds the predicted speed density value. I guess I am a bit stuck, where should I be looking?

Take a log comparing Dynamic Airflow (SD airflow) and MAF Airflow (MAF airflow). Although I suspect there is some filtering and prediction occurring within those PIDs, a large difference between these values is a likely cause of the P0101 which may or may not be triggering the P0108 also - usually P0106 is related, P0108 from memory is more likely hardware (faulty sensor) but every chance I am wrong there.

If there is a large difference, figure out which model is incorrect (perhaps both) and model the airflow model as accurately as you can. Just be mindful that narrowbands can be lazy/inaccurate if they are in significantly different temperature and pressure than designed e.g. decent headers and low engine rpm

I should add, P0101 can also mean the MAF has taken a dump