Thread: I?m new hi guys!

Tuner

I?m new hi guys!

I?m ordering my hp tuners next week. I will be working on a 2006 ford crown Victoria Police Interceptor with the 4R75E/W trans.

Can you guys give me Any advice to ready me such as advice on timing for the 4.6 v8. a link to some material maybe for me a tuning novice?

I don't have any info on that but I've seen threads on tuning all kinds. Welcome!
    2019 C7 Stingray M7 - long tube headers, 6.30/6.22 226/238 cam, supporting stuff, DOD and VVT delete.
    Stock everything else

Search threads with my user name. I got help earlier for my car. A simple thing to remember is don't add lots of timing for low octane fuel. Make small adjustments and don't make a lot of adjustments to a lot of different things at once. As far as material I haven't found much that's complete. Just bits and pieces here and there.

Tuner
    Yeah exactly just bits and pieces of information is all I’ve been able to find. I need a tuning for dummies book to be honest. Lol

And 09vic yes I actually Have seen some of your posts I have messaged the guy that took your file and helped you out last night but he hasn’t got back to me yet.

My biggest thing is that I am confused between MBT and borderline. And how to properly adjust them both. Because when I go to put in let’s say 20 at full load and High rPMs on the borderline chart the result is like 24.5/25 actual timing advance in that area during data logging. So why the Discrepancy?

Also from the little reading I did from what little info I’ve gathered I understand you also have to adjust different fuel tables and intake air temperature spark correction and knock retard etc charts when doing timing changes and I have no idea what to do on those charts or where to even start.

Tuner
    Also I would like to know how to adjust the laggg out of the Electronic throttle control.

Tuner

so i dont lose it

just storing file while i do os reinstall on laptop
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    My understanding is MBT is max spark the engine tries to acheive, borderline is where it starts, if it doesn't see knock it will add spark to move up towards MBT. If I am wrong I hope someone corrects me.

Tuner in Training
    So how did everything turn out?
    Did u get help
    I have a 2011 cvpi getting my tuner tomorrow.
    Excited.

Tuner
    yes and no. got my engine tune down. but now im having issue's in understanding the tcc apply release tables. as well as logging tcc apply on my 06 crown vic. trying to tune trans shift points for 3.73 gears and tcc at wide open. car loses 1 mph after wot shift points. converter has 10-13 percent slip. wot lock ups dont seem to work.