Thread: How to enable emissions settings that were disabled in an aftermarket tune

How to enable emissions settings that were disabled in an aftermarket tune

Hi - new tuner and MPVI3 owner here. I've searched and found a lot of threads on disabling emissions and O2 sensors, but I'm trying to do the opposite and re-enable everything. I've got a 2012 F150 w/ a 6.2 that has an aftermarket tune on it. The SCT tuner that I had for the truck fried so I've lost the stock tune and only have the aftermarket tune that was on the truck. That tune has a bunch of the emissions settings turned off since the truck has long tubes. I need to turn all of that back on so that the monitors will "ready" and I can get the truck inspected. Before the SCT tuner fried, I would just return the truck to the stock tune and complete a drive cycle before inspections.

Here's what I've tried so far (and failed):
    Use my stock tune: obviously won't work because it's saved on my laptop in an SCT format that won't work with the VCM/MVPI3
    Searched for a stock tune in the repository to flash my truck with: I could not find any stock tunes in the repository that are an exact match for my OS (different years and Raptor trims only)
    Pulled my aftermarket tune into VCM Editor and turned on all of the DTC's that were turned off, using one of the stock repository tunes to compare against and see what had been disabled in the aftermarket tune: drove several hundred miles and the O2/catalyst monitors still have not flipped to "ready"

Using the compare function in VCM I can see that there have been adjustments made to some of the O2 sensor temp settings in the aftermarket tune vs the stock tunes. I don't have VCM in front of me to see what all is different but the next thing I was going to try was to start changing anything that looked O2 related back to "stock" values. I'm just not sure what all I should be looking for that could be causing the emissions monitors to not ready.

Any thoughts on where I should be looking or if I'm just going about this the wrong way? Thanks in advance.

Advanced Tuner
    Someone on here may be able to convert your stock tune to the VCM hpt format.

I would have it IDS'd back to factory. That will also assure you that any and all updates to software from the factory will be updated as well. Have them treat it like it is a replacement ECM/PCM

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_91 View Post
    Someone on here may be able to convert your stock tune to the VCM hpt format.
    That would be cool, I didn?t think that was possible?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    I would have it IDS'd back to factory. That will also assure you that any and all updates to software from the factory will be updated as well. Have them treat it like it is a replacement ECM/PCM
    Sorry I?m not familiar with what that means. As in take it to the dealer and have them return it to stock? I was hoping there was a simple tune fix

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Oval_Bowtie View Post
    Sorry I?m not familiar with what that means. As in take it to the dealer and have them return it to stock? I was hoping there was a simple tune fix
    Yes. There should be a few locals that will have IDS that can get the as build data and return it to stock. Don't always have to take it to the dealer.