Thread: need some help with a tune

Tuner in Training

need some help with a tune

this tune is for my dads Service truck. its completely stock, he would like a little more power and fuel mileage. I'm still learning on tuning any help is greatly appreciated
    oringal tune out of truck.hpt
    new tune for truck.hpt

the original tune is the one i pulled out of the truck and the new one is a tune i compared to 6.0 ss tune. But with the new tune when you hit a hill it uses power and drops speed.

The truck weights around 12,000 lbs.

The new tunes air fuel at full throttle is too fat. Do the math, it's 14.68/1.300 = 11.29 AFR commanded. Aim for 12.0-12.2 on pump gas to still be safe. It may pick up a few ft lbs of torque but otherwise you are limited by the stock engine and camshaft. The stock PE eq ratio was better suited, just remove the rpm/time delay and adjust the pedal percent how you want it.

No real power gains are going to be made without power adders. The 6.0 SS also uses a high compression LQ9 and not the low compression LQ4 like this truck has. I'd be careful how you alter the timing curves because you could make it knock worse and pull power.

Fuel mileage won't happen either, it's a 12,000lbs brick going down the road. I'm sure it's gets 9-11mpg on the regular and that will never change.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ok like i said i appreciate it i will change that stuff and let you know