Thread: Help!! Can't get LS3 to start and run correctly

Potential Tuner

Help!! Can't get LS3 to start and run correctly

Can?t get the engine started. Engine is from a 2011 Sierra 6.2L -L9H E38 ECM
    -VVT is deleted
    -ls7 MAF
    -Crank sensor harness was extended 6? using soldered and heat shrink and matching wire colours
    -Cam sensor was converted to a 3 wire connector from the 5 wire. As the VVT was deleted
    -engine is in a swapped car and with a custom stand-alone harness
    -both VATs patch 1&2 are disabled

Active code for P0315 -Crankshaft Position System Variation not Learned. Won?t let me do a crank relearn because there is active codes. P0315 can?t be cleared. I?m not sure if I was at the correct relearn. What I found was in VCM scanner under vehicle controls/special functions.

Also Vcm scanner is reading out RPM and injector duty cycle on crank. Tried starting it over a dozen times. I did get it to run 3 times but was very rough only with the throttle input. All other times it just kept cranking.

Also codes for p2101 Throttle actuator control motor circuit range/performance and p2176 throttle actuator control system - idle position not learned

There is also a code for P0118 - engine coolant temp sensor 1 circuit high. I need to disable but coolant temp does read out correctly on a different channel. Don?t think this will prevent a no start.

Triple checked the injector and ignition coils wiring to ecm with the ecm connector pin out. Those are all good. Fuel pressure is 58psi. I?m gonna triple check the crank sensor, throttle and pedal wiring to the ECM when I get home tonight.

Thanks in advance if you have any insight on this issue. Sorry I?m super new to HP tuners Here is my tune up am i missing anything or something wrong with it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

There are some throttle conditions/codes that will cause the ECM to make the engine not run. You should look into those first.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets
    P1516, P2101, and P2176
    ? DTCs P1516, P2101, and P2176 are Type A DTCs.
    ? The control module illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) when the diagnostic runs and fails.
    ? The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The control module stores this information in the Freeze Frame/Failure Records.
    ? The control module commands the TAC system to operate in the Reduced Engine Power mode.
    ? A message center or an indicator displays Reduced Engine Power.
    ? Under certain conditions, the control module commands the engine OFF.

turn off vvt .cam from one to none. and return pe settings to stock for now.