Thread: In the spirit of sharing My Demon Whipple E85R+Nos tune

Tuner in Training

In the spirit of sharing My Demon Whipple E85R+Nos tune

I get frustrated with all the threads with good questions and only a problem fixed but no sharing of their solution. Demon, Whipple, E85R ,Fore fuel system, 4.50 pulley, long tube headers, stock cat back, 150 shot nos, Made 1,001 RWHP in 100 degree weather, 1124 RWHP same weather on Nos. Not a finished or perfect tune but runs well with no codes or throttle fluttering. If you see anything I can improve please share.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks!

I agree with you.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you by chance do the flex fuel patch for E85?

Tuner in Training
    Not flex fuel.

Tuner in Training
    Small explanation of how tune is used with regard to fuel ,nos and High octane mode. Nos system turns on at 4000 rpm off at 6000 rpm
    E85 pump = Normal fuel mode
    E85R NO NOS = HO mode
    E85R 150Nos wet shot=Normal mode

just finished up a 422 that's going in a Demon for a friend, I'll tell him to check this out.
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Tuner in Training
    A bit of an update to the tune after extensive street and track time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Hello,
    THANK YOU.
    Regards.
    ;o)

Tuner
    I do the same thing...Welcome to the "Im not a prick" club! There are actually a few that will go WAY out of their way to help...Hemituna, 06300CSRT8, these guys made made car...There are really cool people here you just have to catch them when they aren't busy

Tuner
    On the engine side of torque limits you have your max at 826 ft lbs I believe ...You would think that would cause a problem because your easily close to 1200ft lbs....I have only been doing this for about 6 months but that jumped out at me...It might not be a thing but I know the motor will try to keep it under what is input there...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonSRT View Post
    On the engine side of torque limits you have your max at 826 ft lbs I believe ...You would think that would cause a problem because your easily close to 1200ft lbs....I have only been doing this for about 6 months but that jumped out at me...It might not be a thing but I know the motor will try to keep it under what is input there...
    It really depends on how the rest of the tune is setup. You can run a Scat Pack at this kind of power with stock torque model also. Just don't change things in tune to let it know it is making more than the limit.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    It really depends on how the rest of the tune is setup. You can run a Scat Pack at this kind of power with stock torque model also. Just don't change things in tune to let it know it is making more than the limit.
    why

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonSRT View Post
    why
    Because if the PCM or TCM doesn't know it's over the limit, it won't be an issue.

It cannot directly measure torque or horsepower, it can only calculate torque based on the torque model.

I want to say thank you for posting your tune it really help ,me dial in my 105MM throttle body on my hellcat. it got me pointed in the right direction.

Tuner in Training
    Dodge community needs more of this thank you, Anyone have a stock dodge pcm read from a flex fuel vehicle, my goal is to learn how to to tune my red eye on inferred flex fuel and nn enables and since i have not tuned cars since 06 due to sever medical issues this is not a shop venture I want to learn how to tune my car for personal reasons. I checked the repository and there was nothing in there. Thanks for any help on this