Thread: Commanded AFR has changed on it's own

Tuner

Commanded AFR has changed on it's own

My commanded AFR has always been 14.7, and 29.4 during DFCO (or FCO coast down). Suddenly it's not 13.79 and 27.58 respectively. My car is running horribly rich. Even during cold start, it's commanding the 13.79. It either commands a 13.79 or a 27.58. O2 wideband sensor? o2 downstream? MAF? MAPs? Any ideas? LNF 2.0L turbo, tuned, CAI, Manual....Any help is appreciated!
    Last edited by The_Ghost; 08-23-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Is it a flex fuel computer?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    No. Temp is also working fine. Fan comes on at 198 like it was set for...so I know it's not that. I'm leaning toward a bad (1 of the 2) O2 sensors, but not certain which one... Or the ECM has decided to take a %$#@.

Potential Tuner
    Commanded doesnt just change on its own..... your car probably has a virtual E Sensor for flex fuel and detected a difference in Octane.... whenever this happens it goes off your Stoich AFR and changes according to the content of alcohol.

Tuner
    Considering its an '08 LNF Solstice, I don't think so.... My question though is something new I've found. I've had it dyno tuned... And I just replaced the exahuast from the cat to the y split. And this issue started right around that time. I found some old data logs where my downstream O2 sensor wasn't showing any data... Now it is. I'm thinking the PO and when my car was dyno tuned, the downstream O2 sensor was not plugged in. When I had the new exhaust put on, they plugged in my O2 sensor....would the downstream (even though I have an upstream wideband) O2 sensor suddenly working cause my car to run a richer commanded afr???? You guys are my last hope here. Most of the Sol/Sky guys have no clue what I'm talking about!!

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    never tested that theory out but if cat OT is enabled it may trigger a protection event.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    Possible bad o2 sensor. on the base models when in open loop 13.7 afr is commanded

Advanced Tuner
    post a log. when i removed my rear o2 entirely my lsj it would command different afrs at idle for no reason. i believe it was doing a cat test not seeing the 02 input