Thread: Re-scale or change accelerator pedal position vs. throttle body position.

Potential Tuner

Re-scale or change accelerator pedal position vs. throttle body position.

I have looked around on the threads and have seen others asking about this but no real solution. I have a 1978 G30 van style motor home that received a generous upgrade of a LQ4 6.0 and 4L80e transmission. Speed and power are no longer an issue.... This particular retrofit has a DBW pedal and throttle body. In order to make the pedal fit the installation I had to cut the pedal arm shorter which makes it very sensitive of course. When using the scanner you can see that the last 3/4 of the pedal does not change the throttle body position (it is already 100 percent open), so my question is; can you re-scale the pedal position to not have 100% throttle body movement with only 75% pedal movement? I hope I am asking this in a manner that is understandable. I like the electronic throttle but I suppose I could go back to a cable if I have too but then I loose the "simple" cruise control too.

Thank you in advance..!!

Potential Tuner
    Have you had any luck with this?

Potential Tuner
    I'm trying to do the same thing right now. There is a table under Airflow -> Electronic Throttle of Max Rotation vs Pedal, which should give the desired result. Not sure how much you can change it though since it says to change at your own risk and it may brick the ECM.