Thread: wideband in vcm scanner ?

Tuner in Training

Cool wideband in vcm scanner ?

hello i have a dlg-1 innovate wide band gauge
    i have a lsa and a chev connect and cruise kit {e67 ecu} in a Holden commodore vn 1989
    now afr gauge has two wires for each sensor that allows me to data log to an ecu i have seen write ups in here for the ls1's using the a/c and egr

as part of the kit it only uses 2 of the 4 sensors front two only rear two are hanging in the breeze and i was wondering if i could connect the yellow wires to each left and right bank secondary o2 sensors plugs to log in the vcm scanner

does anyone if this is possible ?
    what wire would i need to pick up on the Trapezoid 4-Position o2 connector
    lastly would i use the same formula as the ls1 ecu as per link https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...nd-through-EGR

thank you help is much appreciated

It won't work like that. Factory o2 sensors can't do what a wideband sensor can do.

You need to wire in the wideband itself to read in HP Tuners.

If you want no hassles with extra wiring and figuring out what pin you need to wire the wideband into on the computer I'd sell that wideband and switch to the AEM OBD2 canbus wideband that is a plug and play unit.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    ah damn buy any chance youd know know to wire it into the ecu i can do that no worries really dont wish to sell the one i have tbh

thanks

Tuner in Training
    All i basically want to do it get the wideband to show the two sensors on vcm scanner

I don't know the pin out on that computer to tell you what 5v reference circuits you'd have to use to make it read both sensors.

If you have the PRO version it would be much easier because you'd wire into that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Do you have the matching wideband sensor that goes with your wideband gauge? The wideband sensor is what you install into the exhaust pipe. You must have the matching wideband o2 sensor for your wideband gauge. You can install the wideband sensor into one of the factory narrowband o2 sensor ports in the exhaust pipe (if you have no catalytic converters, as they alter the o2 concentration downstream in undesirable ways). Once your wideband gauge and wideband o2 sensor are working, it is possible to use the 2-wire voltage signal output from your wideband gauge and connect to an ECU input currently used for your AC pressure sensor (for example, if your ECU has that input), you have to do some scaling in HP tuners to tell HP tuners this new channel exists and where the wideband data is coming in. Search and you?ll find explanations.

Tuner in Training
    Yes i have a full wideband kit Its working as it should all i want to do is add the Wiring from the gauge (it has out put that allows it to be added to a data logger ) into the vcm scanner

I only have the std mpvi2

Tuner in Training
    i think im going to upgrade to the pro version save some headaches in future
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mitchb727 View Post
    cheers
    follow instructions as if the ls1 setup and connect to ac line. disconnect from ac compressor and tap into as the writeup of the ls1. all same parameters and setup just use the ac sensor wire instead.

cheers
    follow instructions as if the ls1 setup and connect to ac line. disconnect from ac compressor and tap into as the writeup of the ls1. all same parameters and setup just use the ac sensor wire instead.

Tuner in Training
    ok thought as much
    i have 2 sensors in my wide band guage and two wires one for each bank if i use the ac for one what one do i need for the other bank cheers

ok thought as much
    i have 2 sensors in my wide band guage and two wires one for each bank if i use the ac for one what one do i need for the other bank cheers
    disregard the second. if you insist you must log the right side. swap wires at the sensor after you tune the left side disconnect at header and connect to right side.
    But most tuners only tune one side.
    let me be clear they log one side and tune both w same data.