Thread: Commanded throttle actuator keeps backing off

Potential Tuner

Commanded throttle actuator keeps backing off

Hi all,

Recently managed to get around to tuning my MK6 R.
    Running into a few issues such as the throttle keeps backing on and off.
    Attached is a log showing the issue i'm having.
    Not sure if it is related to me trying to request more air load (more boost) but boost goes hits 20psi then drops to 15psi when the throttle body decides to back off.
    You can see that the Accelerator Position D is around 80% and commanded throttle is at 100% but then decides to drop to 40% then raise back up to 100%.

Any ideas would be really appreciated.
    Edited using Beta VCM Suite
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

There could be numerous reasons as to why this is happening.

These PCM’s are very difficult to satisfy.

Think of the PCM as a giant double sided algebra problem where both sides when solved have to = 1. If the PCM goes through all functions and variables, and the function comes out 1=1.25 or 1=.75 you will see throttle closure.

If it goes through all the variables and 1=1. The PCM will deliver the requested power you’re asking for pending you have enough turbo and fuel to supply it.

That’s about as best I can do to sum it up.

Advanced Tuner
    are your torque to load and optimum engine torque tables stock?

post up your stock file if you can please so i can familiarize myself with this binary
    Untitled.jpg
    you'll see the load axis data for your optimium engine torque table needs to more closely represent what your car will actully see when requesting said torque hope this helps
    Untitled2.jpg

h

Potential Tuner
    I have sent you a private message

Thumbs up Thats the BEST SUM UP i have actually heard in a long time...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaploww View Post
    There could be numerous reasons as to why this is happening.

These PCM?s are very difficult to satisfy.

Think of the PCM as a giant double sided algebra problem where both sides when solved have to = 1. If the PCM goes through all functions and variables, and the function comes out 1=1.25 or 1=.75 you will see throttle closure.

If it goes through all the variables and 1=1. The PCM will deliver the requested power you?re asking for pending you have enough turbo and fuel to supply it.

That?s about as best I can do to sum it up.
    If everyone would use the formulations to check over their #s... There would be alot less post..