Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timing Calculator - With Attachment

Tuner

Timing Calculator - With Attachment

I Figured since i created the calculator I would start Its own thread with an attachment so as i make changes you can find them here.

I Have had some other users make some donations to make custom templates for EFI Live and Duramax So those can be added once he confirms it all works correctly.

if anyone has specific needs for other years/models I have now made the calculator very easy to add new years/makes to it. Donations required as i dont have unlimited hours to spend on this stuff.

Instructions in the file are Super easy. Green is Make sure you add your stuff in, Yellow you need to copy/paste out when your done.

Currently Supports - Cummins 5.9 & 6.7 - "Now all maps are adjustable on the fly so no need for 2 different calcs"

This is Rev 10, Which includes all adjustable Axis's. Should work forward and backwards.

So use this as a great template tool and then tune on your own after.

Shows Current BTDC so you know what your current Map is at.

Main injection Event Support in %btdc - Templates to come for suggested BTDC

Rev 10 Update (broke out Current BTDC and Desired BTDC calculations as moparmatty found that the tables were referencing the same set of scaling and data producing wrong outputs for "Current BTDC")
    Have fun with this and keep me posted if you find anything else. I do have other Calcs ready and tested but not for cummins. Duramax and Ford to come.

Note: This still doesnt have full interpolation in the backend since everyone wanted floating axis's I will have to work on a better statement to Interpolate better. But it does give you a great baseline, you can smooth after

Hope this is helpful!

HPTuner ONLY 5.9 & 6.7 Dodge Timing Calc rev10.xlsx
    Last edited by Bamofo; 02-22-2017 at 06:59 PM.
    2005 Cummins 325/600 G56 3.73
    Reving to 4800
    Worked Head, Twin Disc, BBI

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for your efforts! Yes it is helpful.

I would be interested in the Pilot injection event support.

When the Main Injection Event Based off Mechanical Advantage becomes available I would be interested in seeing it.

Thanks again!

Spence

Tuner
    Top marks! (I'm interested in pilot too. When I last checked, mine seemed to have some sort of a 20degree offset in the pilot timing)
    Last edited by muz79; 09-12-2016 at 05:45 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I am also interested in the pilot event ! Please share lol

Tuner in Training
    Hey ur not such a dumb dumb after all Bamofo! lol

Bamofo.

Your timing calculator will work pretty well.

But have a look at cells A45-A60. Those numbers you have in there are not the same as any 2003-2007 5.9 Cummins. It does not generate the proper results because of that.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparmatty View Post
    Bamofo.

Your timing calculator will work pretty well.

But have a look at cells A45-A60. Those numbers you have in there are not the same as any 2003-2007 5.9 Cummins. It does not generate the proper results because of that.
    Hi Moparmatty,

If you have differences in your tables from what mine has in grey, and this goes for anyone that sees a little differences between roms, you can copy my values and rescale your current X/Y settings on that map(s).

I have updated my timing calc to v1 in the beginning with what my 04+ has in the stock rom. I cant guarantee its perfect to what everyone has though. Ive got a couple PM's about things like that... Not sure why it was different. I might have done it to get more/better resolution or something... i cant remember now. Anyways, the calculator will pop out vales based around the X/Y values in Grey. Just make sure yours are the same as the calc and your golden. Thanks for grabbing that though!! all set now.
    Reving to 4800

Quote Originally Posted by Bamofo View Post
    Hi Moparmatty,

If you have differences in your tables from what mine has in grey, and this goes for anyone that sees a little differences between roms, you can copy my values and rescale your current X/Y settings on that map(s).

I have updated my timing calc to v1 in the beginning with what my 04+ has in the stock rom. I cant guarantee its perfect to what everyone has though. Ive got a couple PM's about things like that... Not sure why it was different. I might have done it to get more/better resolution or something... i cant remember now. Anyways, the calculator will pop out vales based around the X/Y values in Grey. Just make sure yours are the same as the calc and your golden. Thanks for grabbing that though!! all set now.
    Is it possible you can change your calculator so that we can enter what ever rail PSI values people want instead of people having to change their tunes to match your values?

Tuner
    Is it possible you can change your calculator so that we can enter what ever rail PSI values people want instead of people having to change their tunes to match your values?
    Sure! I travel all week so i can take care of it next week for you no problem. I just have to make sure that all the references to the Rail pressure update themselves automatically.

Should be a good start either way. Especially if your redoing your whole rom anyways.
    Reving to 4800

Tuner
    I rescaled my rail axis with what you had in your calculator and it idled like a race car! Changed it back

Tuner
    Just updated and sent it to Matty. Once he confirms it works ill post up rev 2... too busy with work to help sorry.
    Reving to 4800

Just wanted to say thank you for posting this.
    2003 Cummins SRW LWB QC 4x4 NV5600 305/555

Tuner
    Updated to support all years that i have a template file for in HP Tuner for Cummins.

Have fun and read original post. Everything is now Changable.
    Reving to 4800

After finally taking the time to have a look at Bamofo's latest timing calculator compared to the one I made for myself and EFI Live's built in timing calucator there is an issue with Bamofo's calculations. Just for reference my personal calculator is within less than 1% of EFI Live's calculator.

All numbers entered into all the calculators are the exact same.

Table values I focused on are the 72.5mm3-140mm3 and 2400rpm-5000rpm sections. Those sections are highlight in both tables.

In the picture you can see the difference between Bamofo's values and EFI Live/my values in the highlighted sections.

As you can see there is quite a bit of difference in those cells.

Not sure what is messed up in his calculations but considering my calculator and EFI's spit out the same basic numbers. There is an issue in his somewhere.

Untitled (3).png

Tuner
    After finally taking the time to have a look at Bamofo's latest timing calculator compared to the one I made for myself and EFI Live's built in timing calucator there is an issue with Bamofo's calculations. Just for reference my personal calculator is within less than 1% of EFI Live's calculator.

All numbers entered into all the calculators are the exact same.

Table values I focused on are the 72.5mm3-140mm3 and 2400rpm-5000rpm sections. Those sections are highlight in both tables.

In the picture you can see the difference between Bamofo's values and EFI Live/my values in the highlighted sections.

As you can see there is quite a bit of difference in those cells.

Not sure what is messed up in his calculations but considering my calculator and EFI's spit out the same basic numbers. There is an issue in his somewhere.

Untitled (3).png
    I forgot to mention to you that the version i sent you had a bug that i fixed before i posted the new version up over a week ago. Sorry for wasting your time. thats why i pulled it down and put up the new one. I had a bad reference that i found when i made the new one. Check it out and report back if you have time.
    Reving to 4800

Quote Originally Posted by Bamofo View Post
    I forgot to mention to you that the version i sent you had a bug that i fixed before i posted the new version up over a week ago. Sorry for wasting your time. thats why i pulled it down and put up the new one. I had a bad reference that i found when i made the new one. Check it out and report back if you have time.
    I was using the your "rev 9" version that is posted at the top of the thread for my testing. Not the one you sent me.

Tuner
    ah. Can you send me the rom you were using. in email or pm [email protected]

Ill take a look as to why its off.

Edit- Or can you share the tables you put in. Thats a raw calculation that gets the Current BTDC... i just want to make sure im understanding what your putting in so i can look at the right piece.

Edit - 2 the Current BTDC is incorrect. its referencing 2 different things and when it went dynamic it uses the desired instead of the current!

Cool catch Im fixing it now and will have rev10 up shortly. shouldnt effect the output though.
    Last edited by Bamofo; 11-15-2016 at 02:31 PM.
    Reving to 4800

Potential Tuner
    Disclaimer: I have some GM gas tuning experience, but ZERO diesel experience... Where is a good place to start picking up some basics on these? Also, It looks like you are correcting fueling for the cummins with the spreadsheet. Are you correcting economy, power, etc.???

Potential Tuner
    My buddy has a '12 Cummins he would like to tune up.

Tuner
    There are a couple great threads you should read though. Diesel tuning is a bit different then gassers. Check it out and if you want to PM me questions as you start to play around I can help you there. Or start a thread so you can have more input then here
    Reving to 4800