Thread: Buick Park Avenue Ultra tuning question

Buick Park Avenue Ultra tuning question

My dad has a 96 Buick Park Avenue with the 3800 supercharged engine, and I was wondering if hptuners supported it. I wasn't sure if it does or not, so I figured I would ask since I usually get very knowledgeable answers on this forum. He is planning on putting that engine in his fiero, and we just wanted to be able to mess with the tune some to squeeze a bit more out of it. If the 96 is not supported on here, does anyone know if you can swap the computer from say a 99-02 into it? If so, could we just change the computer or does it need the wiring harness as well? Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

When in doubt, check the supported vehicles page.

https://www.hptuners.com/vehicles/

It's not supported. You'd need/want like a grand prix harness and computer. What I don't know is what is different between the early years and say a 1998+ computer harness from a grand prix. Like sensors and so on.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 08-25-2019 at 07:58 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

ok, thank you. I will search around and see if I can find a computer and harness.

Potential Tuner
    You will be fine using the engine and computer out of that car. There is a ton of info out there about doing this swap and that engine and computer will work. I just got done with a 3800SC/Fiero swap so I know it well. My engine/trans combo was out of a 2000 Bonneville SSEI which I wouldn't recommend. Use pre-99' combination for the least amount of headache. I would recommend the FB group 3800SC/3800 Fiero Swap Page. Lots of info and help there. good luck

The 1996 computer is not supported, he has to go a different route if you wants to use it with HP Tuners.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.