Thread: 2014 C7 Corvette with A6 6L80e - U0101 code

Tuner in Training

Exclamation 2014 C7 Corvette with A6 6L80e - U0101 code

Was sitting in the staging lanes this week, loading a tune and was not able to communicate with the TCM. Nothing out of the ordinary happened, just happened out of the blue. The car is now in limp mode and stuck in 3rd gear. No gear indicators showing either next to the shifter. I've tried letting it sit over night with battery disconnected. Also tried removing both POS and NEG cables and connecting them for a couple hours to see if it would clear/reset, but no luck. I believe the TCM is a T43 and is attached to the valve body inside the tranny pan. Anyone ever had the large TCM connector come loose or have a pin back out, etc??? I haven't put it on a lift yet to check...just looking for ideas.

Tuner in Training
    **UPDATE with FIX**

The TCM died and needed replaced. And, yes, it sucks that Chevy puts the TCM on the valvebody inside the tranny through 2014.

I?m having the same problem. I just got some headers installed and after the install it was perfectly fine it was showing all my gears and shifting good. Until the next day it was still running prefect, I was about to get a tune and the tuner said the TCM kept going in and out it was connecting and disconnecting. Then finally after some time it finally gave out and was not showing any indication of it being in park, neutral, and drive etc. took it for a drive and it stays in 1st gear. You think it can be a bad TCM? Maybe it was just bound to happen. I looked at the wiring and everything but everything looks fine. I?m going to get an electrical cleaner today to see if that helps. If it doesn?t I?m just gonna get a new TCM and get it programmed by the dealer. It?s a 2014 Chevy corvette stingray. Thanks for the info!