Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: forced open loop??

Tuner in Training
    My 2018 Camaro SS won't stay in open loop for tuning no matter what you try in the tune. I have to manually put it in open loop in the scanner with the special functions while tuning. =(
    2018 Camaro 2SS A8 Redline Edition

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by NickParedez View Post
    Thanks for the info! It is April 2021 and I am still using this thread!
    its almost april 2023, and its still good info

Something internal on 2017 and up e92 ecus, unless commanded by scanner, the ecu reverts to closed loop no matter what. If you happen to have a faulty sensor, like a weak reading one or a bad heater. The trims will go crazy and the vehicle will run like crap. Best scenario is to tune open loop, forced by the scanner, and then unplug the sensors, until you swap for new oem ones

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by str8dum1 View Post
    Under fuel > oxygen sensors is where you can force open look.

However the little description text seems counter-intuitive

[ECM] 2529 - O2 Sensor Ready Voltage: If the O2 voltage drops below this value, the O2 Sensor is ready for closed loop. Set low to disable closed loop.

stock value is 1,795

As it reads, if the O2 voltage drops below 1795 the O2 sensor is ready for closed loop. Then it says, set low to disable closed loop?

I use a value of -1795. Closed or open loop?

In all my scans with a negative O2 value, the PID: fuel system status #1 says CL-normal. I assume that means the car is in closed loop?

Thanks for helping a nooob!

Correct...so if you want closed loop disabled, set to a range that its unable to ever drop below

Advanced Tuner
    Question is, will we ever be able to run OL on E92As? Ha ha ha ha, the world may never know! Haa! You can always unplug the primary o2s and delete the o2 codes to force OL on 2017s and up E92 ecu vehicles. Just FYI
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A