Thread: Turbo t56 car. Help building boost on line

Advanced Tuner

Turbo t56 car. Help building boost on line

I have a turbo 06 ctsv. It's manual and I'm trying to get it to 2 step more aggressively. Its really lazy on the lnc2000 to build boost. Ie takes 5 or 6+ seconds to hit 3lb.

I did retard by 13deg on the lnc2000 but not much luck. Still slow on the 2 step. This is a ls2 on 7875 turbo so it should light up like crazy.

I'm guessing it needs futher timing retard. Im usually launching at 4k. dont want to hack the main high octane table. Any other tricks? I'll attach an old tune. I've upped the ignition quite a bit since.

Advanced Tuner
    Not sure how to add tune via mobile phone on desktop. But here's the old one in here

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l-gt-highspeed

The answer is Haltech Elite...

It needs less timing and more fuel to create exhaust heat and a controlled backfire. The lingenfelter box is limited to 15deg retard which isn't enough. Total timing needs to be as much as -10deg (10deg ATDC).

The other option is to manipulate the one of the temp sensors to control fuel/timing with a triggered switch.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks James. I did some extensive googling after posting this thread and I think your right. My total timing is like +5 which isn't enough.

Unfortunately Haltech not in my budget. Any ways to trick the pcm into a different timing table? Seems like it's still using the hi octane in this scenario. And i don't want to put in a huge hole there.

I'll look into putting a switch into the air sens or something. I'll need to do some research on what other folks have done. I was honestly hoping to leverage base idle somehow. But I'm not sure that's possible on my e67.