Thread: Turning off DFCO

Potential Tuner

Turning off DFCO

In the DFCO tab on the left side about 3/4 of the way down is an option to disable fuel cutoff will this choice also mean that I lose fuel cutoff ability of the ECM program at the max rpm limit and thus risk engine damage.

Advanced Tuner
    You want the DFCO section further to the right, where you can alter rpm and/or ect to turn off dfco. The one you are talking about is for rev limiting, not dfco.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, you are likely in basic view instead of advanced. Go up to "Edit" and change your view to "advanced" if so.
    Last edited by RobZL1; 08-27-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
    You want the DFCO section further to the right, where you can alter rpm and/or ect to turn off dfco. The one you are talking about is for rev limiting, not dfco.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, you are likely in basic view instead of advanced. Go up to "Edit" and change your view to "advanced" if so.
    Thanks I am just learning and my tuner person did as you suggested as he thought we would lose the rev limit ability which would be a bad thing and I just wanted to confirm it. I liked the effect of just turning it off but there is too much risk in that and am still playing with the rpm settings to mimic having it just off but havent got the rpm settings exactly right yet, they are close. Had advanced on and was just hoping there was a simpler way to disable it. Here is a pic of how it is currently set comments welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by G8Pumpkin View Post
    Thanks I am just learning and my tuner person did as you suggested as he thought we would lose the rev limit ability which would be a bad thing and I just wanted to confirm it. I liked the effect of just turning it off but there is too much risk in that and am still playing with the rpm settings to mimic having it just off but havent got the rpm settings exactly right yet, they are close. Had advanced on and was just hoping there was a simpler way to disable it. Here is a pic of how it is currently set comments welcome.
    Not sure I understand what you are saying here. Disabling DFCO dosn't effect your RPM limiter. It just cuts fuel on no throttle deceleration.
    Last edited by asteggall; 08-28-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by G8Pumpkin View Post
    Like asteggall said DFCO does not effect the rev Limiter. DFCO removes fuel at no throttle deceleration. When you turn it off you will most likely get a gurgling/backfiring sounds from the deceleration rich condition.

Advanced Tuner
    Ditto to all of the above. Leave the Fuel Cut Enable alone, and change the enable/disable temps to something like 490/489 and/or the enable/disable rpm to something like 8000/7900. That will eliminate DFCO and keep your rev limiter. The three sections or columns in the screenshot are for different things. The leftmost section is for the rev limiter, the middle section is for DFCO, and the rightmost section is for clutch fuel cutoff (CFCO).

The three sections are not directly related. They function independently of one another.