Thread: 2007 5.9 cummins tune

Potential Tuner

2007 5.9 cummins tune

can someone smarter than me look over my tune. I'm new to diesel tuning and i can't for the life of me get the boost higher than 33psi. I tried increasing fuel but it's getting too smoky and boost is staying the same. I think i rescaled the boost limit to allow it but still nothing. I also disabled boost limit alltogether and when i started it up it sounded like it had a huge cam in it. I assume i need to drop back inj pw and pilot to compensate but not sure. the truck has stock turbo just upgraded turbine wheel, engine bored .020" and 4" exhaust, air dog 100 lift pump. everything else is stock. any help would be greatly appreciated. atleast could someone point me in the right direction.

Attached is the latest tune file and data log
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    Your charge air maps, just a guess, I haven?t looked at your tune
    Last edited by Jim P; 08-28-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Wastegate min duty cycle. Put it to 70 or so.. Should get you more boost if the rest of the tune is set up properly. I also have not looked at your tune.
    Last edited by Dom_c13b; 08-28-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Banned
    There's many limiters left untouched, rail pressure not really touched and your wastegate solenoid driver maps(airflow) untouched plus min wastegate duty cycle. Address these and you can have a much cleaner tune and hit higher boost.

Potential Tuner
    so i cleaned it up and set limiters that i found. but now im getting a hard shudder under WOT like its defueling. If I ease into the throttle and ramp it up it pulls super hard. im guessing theres a limiter im missing somewhere.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    You aren't logging much information to get a bigger picture of all that's happening.