Thread: Erratic TSP signal and strange Brake Applied status, Gen 4 MPVI2 4.4.2

Erratic TSP signal and strange Brake Applied status, Gen 4 MPVI2 4.4.2

Seems I am having two odd readings which I think are software related to Scanner 4.4.2, but I can?t think of a way to confirm.

The first, when logging tsp position, KOEO, the signal bounces erratically from 0 to ~22%, with no accompanying movement of the throttle itself. Pedal position remains 0%. Once started, it shows similar data in the live feed, but not a 20% swing. Once saving the log and reading the data, this is not the case. It seems to only happen in the live feed. So far I have dismissed this as a non-issue, but wondering if that is a mistake.

The second is similarly odd. With KOEO, my ?Brake Applied? perimeter works properly and registers correctly. Once the engine is started, it retains the status from just before the engine sees rpm...so holding the brake and starting as normal means the perimeter stays on and does not change. Same when starting without the brake applied....stays in not applied status. This includes with gear changes or increase with rpm. When I stall the engine, the perimeter goes back to working correctly.

Should I be concerned with these issues, or dismiss them as weird issues with the scanner software? A minor bug within 4.4.2? Any ideas on what i can do to resolve it?

This is a L77/6L80e out of a 2014 Caprice PPV installed in my '71 C10. Been trying to make a safe base tune to get to the local tuner.

Advanced Tuner
    Have you tried 4.4.4?
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

I'll try that and report back.

neg, 4.4.4 did not correct it. i'll have to take a video of it...the log itself, doesnt show it.

also found that it is reacting the same way when i connected to my ATS...so its something with the scanner and not the truck. so i guess i'll just press