Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 68RFE Locked shifts

Banned

68RFE Locked shifts

Probably not many on here running a 68RFE but I now have the ability to provide locked shifts on the 68RFE transmission.

That is awesome to hear Jim! I assume you are able to do this through HP tuners, or is it with MM3? Willing to share how, or are you a tuner now?
    2019 CCSB Bighorn - Excited HP Tuners finally supported Cummins CM2350&2450 platforms

Banned
    PM sent to you

Banned
    I can do locked shifts on the 68RFE for 2010-2012?s on HP Tuners, 2010-2018 on UDC Pro RT/Warp for the Smarty Touch and MM3 as well as 2010-2018 on EFI Live (if I were to ever get a FlashScan V2).

I?ve been running locked shifts for some time now and I absolutely love it.

Potential Tuner
    Will this work on the 65rfe also?

Banned
    Don?t know, never looked at the 65RFE. Post up your file and I?ll see if I can locate the transmission section.

Potential Tuner
    Oops sorry for late response, I can post but don't want to waste your time seeing I only have HPtuner & i2 programmer.

Banned
    It?s fine, post it up and I can take a look and see if I can find the transmission section. If it?s anything like the 68RFE I could set your file to be able to have full lock shifts

Banned
    You are in luck. I?ll modify it for you and post it later.

Banned
    crackerjack, sent you a pm.

Tuner in Training
    ok something new to learn what is lock shift and how does it work? i have 46reso may not apply/.

Banned
    Locked shifts is as it implies, transmission torque converter stays locked up when shifts occur. The 48RE can be made to stay locked during shifts between 3rd and 4th so I?d imagine the 46RE is no different.

Potential Tuner

68rfe

Hello Jim,

I have an 07.5 68RFE 2500 6.7 cummins would there be any options for my trans tuning? I have the mpvi2 for my corvette tuning but I am new to the diesel world.

Thanks

Brian

Will this work for 08 68rfe in 2500? I have hptuners and MPVI2 looking into possible getting EFILive flashscan.

Banned
    Yes it works for all RFE transmissions I?ve come across thus far.

What is the process or areas that need changing to do this? can it be done with HP Tuners or is it an efi live thing? There isnt a setting for this so I assume it has to be done by changing apply/release thresholds or duty cycle maybe?
    Last edited by Silver64; 03-15-2021 at 11:56 PM.

Banned
    Has nothing to do with apply/release thresholds or duty cycle. It?s a bunch of bits in the tune file that isn?t mapped out. It cannot be done with EFILive for the 07.5-09 68RFE as EFILive doesn?t support transmission tuning for those model years. Requires user defined parameters and knowing what and where to do what.

There?s is a lot more to be desired from these things that can?t be done with what is currently mapped by HP Tuners.

I have a mini maxx tuner on it now running the overdrive trans option...huge difference and improvement over stock. What are the benefits of tcc locked during the shift?
    Ive read my file with HPT software and have it just havent gotten to licensing the hpt to the truck yet. Ive been using HPT to tune trans for my Cummins swapped F350 5r110. I agree there seems to be stuff missing and not mapped out for that trans also. I looked into UDP but very little info out there on how it works and trying to just learn it without any info or direction has made me just give up on it.

Banned
    H&S doesn?t have anything on what can be done these days with custom tuning, dinosaur relic. Might of been the cats meow way back in it?s time.

Benefits, no unlocking to part lock during upshifts, super snappy shifts.

User defined parameters involves having a hex dump of the vehicle in question and being able to know what you are trying find within hexadecimal.

Banned
    The 07.5-09 transmissions are pretty lack-luster in programming compared to the 2010+