Thread: 6.7 ford code type question

6.7 ford code type question

What do the code types mean on 2015 6.7 f250. The options are code type 1-9 and disable. I set a glow plug code to disable but the light still comes on for that code. I also tried to turn off p04db crankcase vent code but it does not show that one at all. My main question is what do the code types mean?
    Last edited by cardoctor27; 08-31-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cardoctor27 View Post
    What do the code types mean on 2015 6.7 f250. The options are code type 1-9 and disable. I set a glow plug code to disable but the light still comes on for that code. I also tried to turn off p04db crankcase vent code but it does not show that one at all. My main question is what do the code types mean?
    They are fault codes and they each do different things. One can trigger reduced engine power and one might trigger reduce engine power, but only reduce the power by X amount instead of X amount. If you look at the limiter tables 1-4 i believe they are related to the fault codes 1-4. But only ford knows what they truly do and we won't know until guys like myself and yourself log them occurring and see what actually happens. Some combination of fault codes can make different things happen as well. Also HP tuners can get finicky when trying to turn codes off that have set a check engine previously. Sometimes it takes a couple times of hitting "clear codes" to get it to actually reset the active code or turn off the check engine light. And Just because you reflashed the ECU, that doesn't mean it cleared the code that was setting your check engine light, even though you just turned it to disabled and reflashed the ECU. This is just my experience with these ECU's thus far, i know this from chasing my tail on a code that was set in the PCM/background but it was not setting an actual Check engine light.

Thanks for the help. I'd like to try to figure out code types but I'm afraid I'll mess something up. I replaced the glow plug and the crankcase vent code finally stopped coming on after I cleared it several times. Hptuners has made me to lazy to try to fix things that I don't care if they work or not. I just turn off the codes lol.