Thread: Transient Fuel Gain Questions.

Transient Fuel Gain Questions.

The car is a 09 crown vic 4.6 2v with the spanish oak ecm

In Engine > Fuel > Transient

I have tables for Gain, Gain at start up, Time constant, and Time constant at start up.

My issue is it takes around 4 seconds of WOT for my fueling to respond. Lambda stays at 1 during this time. I am wondering if it is the transient tables causing this delay and if so which tables I should modify to shorten this delay.

Thanks for any insight you can share. I have been reading "The Ultimate Ford EFI Tuning Guide" by Lasota and learning a lot. But I still have questions.

Insight requires a "sight" which is properly represented with """LOGS""".

Quote Originally Posted by 09Vic View Post
    The car is a 09 crown vic 4.6 2v with the spanish oak ecm

In Engine > Fuel > Transient

I have tables for Gain, Gain at start up, Time constant, and Time constant at start up.

My issue is it takes around 4 seconds of WOT for my fueling to respond. Lambda stays at 1 during this time. I am wondering if it is the transient tables causing this delay and if so which tables I should modify to shorten this delay.

Thanks for any insight you can share. I have been reading "The Ultimate Ford EFI Tuning Guide" by Lasota and learning a lot. But I still have questions.

No, transient fuel gains will not cause a delay in getting to a "power enrichment" commanded EQ ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Insight requires a "sight" which is properly represented with """LOGS""".
    Indeed...

Its a long log file. Around 10:59 in the log is where it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    No, transient fuel gains will not cause a delay in getting to a "power enrichment" commanded EQ ratio.
    Thank you. I thought it was more like a old school accelerator pump setting but I had to ask to be sure.
    Attached Files Attached Files