Thread: Having issues connecting to OBDlink MX+ BT, is this a support issue?

Tuner in Training

Having issues connecting to OBDlink MX+ BT, is this a support issue?

Trying to connect to my OBDLink MX+ BT device, but the app never detects it. It will, however, connect to my OBDLink MX Wifi device. I would use the Wifi, but I need to use BT so I can connect the Wifi to my Garmin Virb Ultra 30 to control recording from the app, so I can do both OBD and Camera Control from the track addict app.

Is this a misconfiguration of the App, or does the app not support the OBDLink MX+ BT device? If it's not supported, can this be added?

Also Does Track Addict support the MPVI 2 as BT connection device for data logging?

Thanks
    Last edited by c4z; 09-01-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Unfortunately, iOS restricts the use of classic Bluetooth devices, so that rules out the OBDLink MX Bluetooth and our MPVI2, while both do work on Android.

However, Bluetooth 4 and 5 devices (also known as "BLE" or "BTLE") can work, under the condition that we've added support for that specific device model (it's not as universal as classic Bluetooth). In this case, your Veepeak device should work if it's the BLE model that I'm familiar with... You wont need to pair it to your phone, just set TrackAddict's OBD mode to "BLE", while the OBD device is plugged into the car and the ignition is on, give it 15 seconds or so, and it should connect. Veepeak, Carista, and the PLX Kiwi 3 are the currently supported BLE OBD devices.