Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any 4.6 v8 panther car help here??

When load increases it adds a bit of spark to help with throttle response.

You basically don't need it with your current timing adjustments.

Tuner
    oh. ok so car seems to be more torquey especially down low and mid range now with 2nd update. but at wot pulling through second i hear ping start at around 4100/4200 or so rpms through about 4500 then it goes away around 5 until shift at 5700. during the pinging spark is at like 24. so i attached my data log

Advanced Tuner
    Your EQ Ratio Commanded is 1.0 your entire pull until 5500 RPM. This means your car is commanding 14.08 WOT fueling. You're hearing pinging.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    Your EQ Ratio Commanded is 1.0 your entire pull until 5500 RPM. This means your car is commanding 14.08 WOT fueling. You're hearing pinging.
    i dont understand.

Your power enrichment isn't kicking in. Do you have any o2 sensor codes or anything?

Basically under wot you should be getting more fuel than you are. But that's not happening so your getting the knock.

I'm at work right now. Can take a look later tonight hopefully. But if you have any o2 related codes or issues that will need to get fixed first.

Advanced Tuner
    your engine isnt going to want any more than 20 degrees up top regardless

Tuner
    Ohhhh I have a Catalyst below threshold code

I need to have my rear catalytic converters
    replaced because they are magna flow universals they’re high flow cats but they are setting codea and the one up top on the right passenger side is rattling I haven’t done that yet

Ok...

I dropped your timing so it hopefully maxes out around 20. Running 93 and cat problems this is your best bet. I also tried to quicken your open loop fuel enrichment. It may take a couple pulls for it to change up in logs.. At least it does for me for some reason.

Give it a shot... If the knock goes away I'd call the engine side of your tune good for now. The transmission side I haven't touched as transmission stuff is highly subjective to the driver. Its not that hard to change up your shift points once you get into looking at the numbers.

As far as your TPS %... I wouldn't worry about that as mine does the same thing. It's open. No worries there.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 09Vic; 09-06-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Tuner

Exclamation thank you

Quote Originally Posted by 09Vic View Post
    Ok...

I dropped your timing so it hopefully maxes out around 20. Running 93 and cat problems this is your best bet. I also tried to quicken your open loop fuel enrichment. It may take a couple pulls for it to change up in logs.. At least it does for me for some reason.

Give it a shot... If the knock goes away I'd call the engine side of your tune good for now. The transmission side I haven't touched as transmission stuff is highly subjective to the driver. Its not that hard to change up your shift points once you get into looking at the numbers.

As far as your TPS %... I wouldn't worry about that as mine does the same thing. It's open. No worries there.

ok. thank you. also on my way home tonight from work i went wide open on the highway. after kick down and during wide open throttle the car bucked and it felt like everything just cut off for a moment also threw a mil in the process. the code is.. P0607

Tuner
    https://www.obd-codes.com/p0607

Oh great..

Can hp tuners Ruin pcms if flashed too many times?? this had happened to my last pcm too.

Tomorrow ima check my battery terminals. my negative terminal is beat

Tuner
    Should I have torque truncation enabled or disable in trans

Advanced Tuner
    Ive never heard of a pcm going bad from being flashed too many times. Im sure theres a limit but im thinking it would be near impossible to reach with regular tuning. If I had to guess I would assume that limit would be around 2,000 flashes minimum before youd run in to issues. It would be evident during flashing as youd have a checksum error when finiahed writing.

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    Ive never heard of a pcm going bad from being flashed too many times. Im sure theres a limit but im thinking it would be near impossible to reach with regular tuning. If I had to guess I would assume that limit would be around 2,000 flashes minimum before youd run in to issues. It would be evident during flashing as youd have a checksum error when finiahed writing.
    2000? you mean per month? No problem LOL

Newer ECU will take like 2000000 flashes so no worries here.

Tuner
    Hey 09! No ping! I’ll upload a data log later.
    Oh and when I get my cats fixed I can go back to the pt 2tune since power enrichment will be ok than?

And what is open Loop and closed loop? Thanks for everything

No pt2 still wont be right. Once you get things fixed we can go through editing the tune you have now. The tune you have has some other adjustments done to it that the last one doesn't. You can do a compare with your stock tune to see all the changes in your VCM editor.

Glad its working well for you!!

Open loop is when the car runs off its sensor input/output and basically ignores the tables for air and fueling etc... Closed loop is when it runs off the tables, learns adaptives, and so on. Thats a very basic run down.

Tuner
    Ok. Thank you. I will be getting new cats and 02 sensors next month sometime so I’ll check back. I still haven’t ran a data log just yet. I will shoot for doing it tomorrow just to see where I’m at. And then send it to you. Thanks again.

Oh and about transmission
    Torque truncation
    Ive disabled it.
    Seems to
    Have more power
    Rpm anticipated shifts I left enabled
    I don’t understand the shift speed map, or the downshift pressure map
    and the Torque converter maps so I won’t touch them

The trans stuff I'm not sure about. Best to wait for a reply from someone more knowledgeable.

Tuner
    car pinging up top again during wot with a/c running. its hot outside today so im not surprised as it only seems to do so when the ambient air temp is above 80 with humidity. it even has done it a bit when it was stock. so im pretty confident its the catalyst issue as you made me aware of power enrichment not kickin in. as soon as my cats/02s are replaced ill be uploading a data log.

Advanced Tuner
    trans is all driver specific whats perfect to one driver can be horrible to another

if its all stock then no need in getting crazy with shift points and lock up etc... What I do on all my auto tunes is lock the converter early and use the steady state slip table to dither the converter clutch. It can give you significant tq increases for daily driving and make the vehicle much more pleasureable to drive. Play with it and see.

If you have access to the tq modulation timer functions you can significantly reduce them and increase the tq reduction on shifts to get a more sportier and firmer shift without messing with line pressure. I do that on all my auto tunes as well.

If the car is pinging then it has too much timing for the condition. if it occurs at higher air temps then you need to go to the iat spark retard multiplier table and pull more timing out at the cells its pinging in.

When I used to tune the state local and county crown vic cruisers years ago they all would ping as well when warmed up while running the stock tune so thats not abnormal although our local PD runs 83 octane fuel which is garbage.