Thread: How to tell if my ECM is locked before buying credits?? Or no way to find out??

Potential Tuner

How to tell if my ECM is locked before buying credits?? Or no way to find out??

I dont want to buy credits and find out my ECM got locked by my tuner. I bought the V2 pro and connected it. I did not buy any credits but just used the scanner and that worked. Im not sure if its supposed to ask for a password before you can see anything.Please help. Im new to this but excited to learn. THANKS!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If its tunerlocked you won't be able to read or license the ecm.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Bill. I got HP to read the ecm. I did some changes in editor and clicked write. It came up with a pop up I needed to buy credits. As I continue to buy credits the only highlighted option is (do not license) it would not let me click on the other 3 options. I take it my ecm is locked?? or is this something else? I only ask because you say I will not be able to (READ or WRITE)
    thanks again.

HPTUN CREDIT.jpg
    Last edited by NASTYLSX; 09-02-2019 at 11:59 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    You will need to buy credits to write to your pcm. Every device has to be licensed to your VIN no matter what.
    ( If its is tuner locked then I believe you should still be able to write to it just wont be able to see the tune file from your tuner. Not 100% about this but its what i've been told)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You need to purchase credits for your interface in order to give you license options, otherwise they will be grayed out as shown in the screenshot you provided.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"