Thread: #1 Injector thinks its #8 and isn't firing.. Help?

Tuner in Training

Cool #1 Injector thinks its #8 and isn't firing.. Help?

So I posted this in a different thread I had started that began as a No start first start thread. It has progressed to a run ability Issue now that I have got it running. So I started this thread as it is now a new problem.

A quick 411 about what I'm working with:
    2003 S10 w/p59 4.3l ECU
    2012 5.3l Block with 12k miles
    Lingenfelter converter box
    98 5.7 heads with yellow springs
    2004 Z06 Cam and new lifters
    2004 Z06 MAF
    4"CAI
    LS1 Intake and injectors
    All new Corvette accessories drive (including alternator and PS pump)
    CPW Wiring harness
    92mm TB
    Stainless Works Longtube headers

I have swapped all 2004 Z06 Vette parameters over to ecm and selected Platform Type Y which is what the corvette uses. I got it started by choosing the Y platform. It seemed to be missing. I got a P0300 code.I did a crank relearn once I got it running. The code went away. I shut it off for 30 sec. and restarted and after a min the code came back. It still felt like it wasn't running on all cylinders. I did a individual injector cut out in VCM Scanner and #1-7 have a definite rpm drop. #8 has no change at all. not even a hiccup. So before I pulled the injector and put it in a different hole to eliminate the injector itself, I warmed up the motor again and IF temp gunned the header tubes. I also did the carb cleaner squirt test. (fool proof)LOL and I show all are firing except #1!! WTF?!?! So I pulled the injector harness plug on #1 and performed the cut out test again. Guess what? #1 cuts out! (remember its unplugged) #8 still does nothing. So I checked the schematics for the injectors thinking maybe CPW made an honest mistake and wired it wrong. NOPE all is wired as the schematics show it should be. Now what? Why is my #1 acting like its #8? Is there a setting in HPT that I may have missed to get the ECU to know what Injector is which? I believe if I can figure this out that will fix my P0300 code as well as smooth out the idle. Obviously its running on 7 not 8 holes.
    Here is my current tune file.

Thanx in advance for any education you may offer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    OK I didn't figure out why #1 thought it was #8. but I took out the injector and put it in a new hole and that hole wouldn't fire so injector is bad. they had been sitting for awhile so I dropped it in a bucket of carb cleaner for an hour, blew it out with aerosol cleaner, and stuck it back in. Low and behold shes working!! I don't know how well, but it cuts out on the test. I'm going to run some real concentrated injector cleaner thru the tank to make sure they all get a good cleaning and see what happens. Planning on new ones down the road anyhow. but this will allow me to get everything else dialed in for now. 1 problem solved, now onto the next.

Advanced Tuner
    You are using a 6 cilinder calibration as base?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by castorjames View Post
    You are using a 6 cilinder calibration as base?
    Hey castorjames,

No I did run it first just changing the parameters in the engine specs. Later I segment swapped "write entire" engine, engine diag, and system from another P59 2003 5.3 express. and it didn't change anything with the injector position. Someone mentioned it might be the order of injection not actual injector position but I was unable to correlate that with any info I found. Not sure why it was like that, but when I moved it from cylinder 1 to cylinder 3 it went from injector cut #8 to injector cut #1 so its something I don't understand going on in the background but I got it fixed as far as all injectors now cut when told and the motor seems to be running fine sitting in the shop. Have yet to drive it at this time. Maybe later today I go for a test drive.