Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2007 4.8L with 4L60 (e38 and T42) swap harness - no pedal

Like I said, jumper(s) in either of those locations won't bypass a loose connector at pins APP A/F or ECM X1 23/30. It only verifies integrity of the wiring (and any inline connectors, if present) in the wire runs between the two jumpers.

No, actually... the jumpers WILL eliminate the PCM connector as the cause, since it's the APP1/2 that need to see the lo ref, not the ECM pins. Have you inspected the pin fit at the APP connector? Like reeeeally closely? Can you wiggle it while monitoring in the scanner?

Advanced Tuner
    double check PIN assigments on accelerator peddal connector, ignore colors

Tuner in Training
    Thanks but I've checked all that, esp colors/location. It may be the ignition pin wire I described in my last post. It is titled for "EMC/THROT CONT" so hoping its the issue.

Tuner in Training
    We tried all 3 suggestions with no luck, still losing the pedal

So you're saying you've eliminated the ECM (tried 2 different ones), the pedal (3 different), verified all wiring is good, but you still get an intermittent no-low-ref supplied to APP1? Does that seem possible, or do you think there's still something being overlooked?

How is this thing being flashed? Whatever you're using, is it able to write the ETC sections properly (GM TIS can, HPT cannot, no idea what you're doing this with)? What did the ECMs start out as, did they have stock 2007 truck calibrations flashed with something capable of writing the whole thing, or did they start out with cals from a different platform? Though, I really don't see how a tune issue results in an intermittent, it'll either work or not work.

Tuner in Training
    replaced the harness with another one, issue went away.
    It's surprising after all the test we did.
    Regardless I'm going to tear it all down and see what could cause it.
    I'm thinking a bad grounding section or 5v causing the pcm to act up and toss the code.