Thread: O2 Airflow Delay and modifications for new O2 placement P113E, P113D

Tuner in Training

O2 Airflow Delay and modifications for new O2 placement P113E, P113D

Hello,

Thought that I would play with the O2 airflow delay on my turbo Jeep JK 3.6 in an effort to eliminate the p113e/d codes that are common. I understand that all kinds of variables affect this like pipe diameter NA vs FI, placement, etc but I'm thinking I have nothing to lose by beginning with adjusting the delay timing by the percentage of increase in O2 distance from stock with the aftermarket pipe. The most predominant code I get by far is the p113e which is bank 2 and also happens to be the greatest delta from stock at 300% (1" stock vs 3" from flange). Every so often I'll also get a p113d but that distance is only 7% (3.5" stock vs 3.75").

This is the final hurdle I'm facing to get it to legitimately pass emissions as the Fuel System monitor will not ready with these codes posted or disabled in SES/MIL.

I suppose I'm requesting input from the experts that are familiar and have maybe played with this airflow delay a bit and glean some feedback, warnings, suggestions, etc. please. I'm possibly WAY of base in my assumptions and if so, would welcome any redirection. Novice "tuner" at best but trying hard to learn.

Thanks a bunch in advance.
    Last edited by fred_rok; 09-04-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fred_rok View Post
    Hello,

Thought that I would play with the O2 airflow delay on my turbo Jeep JK 3.6 in an effort to eliminate the p113e/d codes that are common. I understand that all kinds of variables affect this like pipe diameter NA vs FI, placement, etc but I'm thinking I have nothing to lose by beginning with adjusting the delay timing by the percentage of increase in O2 distance from stock with the aftermarket pipe. The most predominant code I get by far is the p113e which is bank 2 and also happens to be the greatest delta from stock at 300% (1" stock vs 3" from flange). Every so often I'll also get a p113d but that distance is only 7% (3.5" stock vs 3.75").

This is the final hurdle I'm facing to get it to legitimately pass emissions as the Fuel System monitor will not ready with these codes posted or disabled in SES/MIL.

I suppose I'm requesting input from the experts that are familiar and have maybe played with this airflow delay a bit and glean some feedback, warnings, suggestions, etc. please. I'm possibly WAY of base in my assumptions and if so, would welcome any redirection. Novice "tuner" at best but trying hard to learn.

Thanks a bunch in advance.
    I have the same issue but I can?t seem to figure it out yet. I?m not really a dodge tuner. Hoping someone with knowledge chimes in.