Thread: What affects the MAX Torque PID

Tuner in Training

What affects the MAX Torque PID

I am tuning an LFX V6 with a 6L50.

While doing WOT pulls from 2K-5K, the throttle is not fully opening below 4K indicating the engine is outputting more torque than the MAX Torque value says it should.

Looking at the Virtual Torque Table, it says I should see Torque in the 280-290 ft-lb range, but the MAX Torque PID is registering around 215 ft-lb. The lower value leads to the throttle being closed down from WOT. I upped the Peak Torque Table to eliminate that potential source and it now appears the MAX Torque value is the culprit.

Looking at the other entries in the Max Torque section I find optioned out of consideration, either by disabling or entering a value greater than it will ever see.

Can someone explain how the MAX Torque value is reduced some 27% from the Virtual Torque Table value?

Tuner in Training
    I finally figured out what was going on. My Virtual Torque table was displaying in metric unit of measure NewtonMeter instead of ft-lbs.

Figured it out when Rhett at the Tuning School shot me a screen dump of the table he came up with from my tune and it was quite a bit lower than what I was getting. Of course the Virtual Torque Table does not show units of measure.

When displaying in ft-lbs, everything makes sense.

Dale

Tuner
    You should post up the tune. There is so little here about the lfx , lgx, and lgz.