Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LQ9 Throttle Blade not opening fully DBW with hpt file

Tuner in Training

LQ9 Throttle Blade not opening fully DBW with hpt file

Looking for help with this tune file. Same issue , throttle blade will not open fully.

P59 ECM out of 2004 Escalade , with matching pedal and TAC.

DavidBaileyTunedfilepulledon82319Original.hpt

This all the shop gave me when I asked for the tune files.

I see one possible issue. The tune you have there is from a 2006 Silverado 5.3 and not a 2004 Escalade with a 6.0.

I guess a question is, did they for whatever reason flash over the stock file with this silverado file?

The calibration posted has tons of other changes to it as well.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

One of the brickable thingies has been twiddled. Tsk tsk.

screenshot.03-09-2019 17.13.17.png

Disclaimer: all we have to go on is repository files and I can't find one where every single Calibration ID is exactly the same, but I checked 5-6 different stock 2006 5.3 files and they are all the same at 27.58%.
    Attached Files Attached Files

And, yeah... are you using the Escalade pedal+TAC module or Silverado pedal+TAC?

Tuner in Training
    2 answers.

1. The shop pulled the tune from my car on 8/23. Along with that I had them copy that tune to a PCM out of a 2006 Silv but the yard I bought it from said it was a 6.0. The copy was performed off the car straight to the pcm. The Vin off the Silv is 1GCHC29U46E122481, WHICH traces back to a LQ4 6L. Where this 2006 5.3 came from I have to believe the shop did it and swears they just tweaked the existing tune which was done by CP in florida.

And to answer fully, I am using the pedal and TAC out of the 2004 Escalade. Pulled and installed them my self.

2 Blindsquirrel - I see the table , but being a novice, dont follow the context. Are you saying the 30% is a bad number and what is meant by brickable for this table. ?

Great info. Please keep it coming.

If you are using a 2004 Escalade TAC module with a 2006 Silverado PCM, that will cause issues. If they were compatible GM would just use the same p/n on both, but they call for different numbers. Escalade is 12588923, Silverado is 12590008. They have the same config mounting brackets and same connector keying, though it's up to you to verify the pinouts are the same if you do the swap. I don't know if the pedals are compatible, but if you are going to use this thing as a 2006 Silverado, it needs a matching pedal & TAC module. I would imagine that the Escalade being what it is that all of them came with the fancy adjustable pedals, whereas the Silverado should be compatible with the easier to mount fixed pedal.

Has it had the Silverado OS in it from the start or was that file flashed at the time the throttle problem started??

The brickable thing - when you hover over an item with the cursor a little context infothing appears at the bottom of the window. Hover over that box that's been changed in your tune and it says: "WARNING!!! Modify this table at OWN RISK. Incompatibility of this calibration with the vehicle TAC module calibration may render PCM permanently inoperable." The green highlighting in that screenshot shows where there are differences between the two files I had open - your provided file and a stock 2006 Silverado file (also attached) from the repository.

Tuner in Training
    "Has it had the Silverado OS in it from the start or was that file flashed at the time the throttle problem started??"

Started out with the 2004 Escalade file. Shop tuned it to 400 RWHP, a few weeks later they "retuned it" to help with a low speed drivability issue. Going dead at stop. After that was when the issue surfaced.

The VIN in the first posts file isn't from the truck they say it came from perhaps. Doing a copy paste is one thing but writing a completely different operating system/vin is another. But in the end that is the least of the issues from what we can see.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The VIN in the first posts file isn't from the truck they say it came from perhaps. Doing a copy paste is one thing but writing a completely different operating system/vin is another. But in the end that is the least of the issues from what we can see.
    Can you tell me what the VIN is in the 1st post ? I can not read hpt files.

Tuner in Training
    And please, let me know what other issues yall see.

Anybody can open and look at files, go download & install the "demo" - that's actually the full featured program. Without an interface registered you just aren't allowed to save changes to tune files.

screenshot.03-09-2019 20.02.30.png

One thing I found really damn odd in your tune is that EVERY. SINGLE. DTC. has the 'SES enabled' box unchecked. No check engine light for anything? Who does that? And why?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Anybody can open and look at files, go download & install the "demo" - that's actually the full featured program. Without an interface registered you just aren't allowed to save changes to tune files.

screenshot.03-09-2019 20.02.30.png
    Thanks, did not know that.

Your not that far away, maybe I should come see you

Tuner in Training
    Downloaded and ran the program . Yep same data you see. I wish I knew what it meant.

From what Im reading from yall, the file in my car now is a Sil, 2006, 5.3 which is incompatable with the 2004 Escalade TAC. Is that correct ?

Correct.

Tuner in Training
    Can you suggest a way to fix this as the original modded tune using the 04 Escalade is lost ?

Have them flash it with a compatible file? Funny thing is, 2004 Escalade and 2004 Silverado both use the same TAC module and pedal, 2006 Silverado is all different stuff. I'd be putting a foot in somebody's ass to get an explanation for why they put a 2006 file in it which is not compatible with the TAC & pedal already installed and working before they started.

Advanced Tuner
    have done a couple of those swaps, sometimes it works with unmatched TAC/pedal , it may only go to 50% throttle at 100% peddal, other case will go 100% throttle at 50% peddal, but most of the time it will cause issues and will not work... needs a reflash for a matching calibration as stated above, and start over????? or copy/paste from the current calibration,

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by castorjames View Post
    have done a couple of those swaps, sometimes it works with unmatched TAC/pedal , it may only go to 50% throttle at 100% peddal, other case will go 100% throttle at 50% peddal, but most of the time it will cause issues and will not work... needs a reflash for a matching calibration as stated above, and start over????? or copy/paste from the current calibration,
    OK, thanks all of yall. The info has been great. Ill post the results of my talk with the shop. Im almost 100% they screwed up.

Tuner in Training
    So I can talk intelligently to the shop, where can I find info in the file that indicates this tune is for the Silverado , 2006, 5.3 ?

I have the tune pulled up but the only thing i see is its for a 5.3 under the general tab. Also under speedo , the gear ratio is wrong. Dead giveaway this is the wrong file for my car.