Thread: STFT suddenly impacting tune on Open loop base tune

STFT suddenly impacting tune on Open loop base tune

Hello all, thanks in advance for the help. engine is a 9.6 CR LS2 out of a '14 Caprice PPV with 823 heads, BTR stg 2 PDS cam, mid headers and 3" exhaust, backed by a 6L80e running on the stock e38 computer

I am a bit confused as of today. I am in the process of making a base tune, doing some logs, and today i started getting a new input to the fuel.

tune and log are below.

i have been working on the VE for stoich to make my way to the tuner for professional help. today i added the Content Sensor and turned it back on to check it was working properly, which it turns out it is.

so i started to log and target the 14.08 AFR or so for the 11% content. at some point in the day, i started getting some serious lean uncommanded conditions. turns out, the STFT is suddenly kicking in, though LTFT is not adjusting. prior to today, i have never had this happen. at some points, it is pulling 25% fuel. i did find that i could pedal it home and keep it from getting too lean, but that is obviously not the right answer.

additionally, the NBO2 sensors are not installed nor connected to the vehicle. i have the harness tied up. Happy to install them, just was told not to until I have the VE setup properly.

i am not sure why, nor do i see a reason in the tune for it to be engaging. this is supposed to be a completely open loop tune.

please take a look and see what i am missing...i am in fear that i may be hurting my engine with these kinds of numbers.

If it is of any help, i have flashed the cal some 30 times in the last few weeks, but have not used 'write entire' in quite some time.

any input or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

~Ryan
    Charleston, SC
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rcodea1; 09-04-2019 at 09:04 PM.

Raise your O2 Readiness ECT.

Russ Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Raise your O2 Readiness ECT.

Russ Kemp
    done. will report when i can get back on the roads with this storm.

this is not a perameter i have changed in the past, but only now am getting it to kick in. Why is it suddenly wanting to kick in?

Worked and did not report STFT or LTFT into the commanded fuel. Thank you for the help!

Last question....can the NBO2 sensors be connected and run withiut causing damage using these settings? I assume so, but want to ask before I burn them up.

Bump for the above question....with the STFT turned off for feedback, can the sensors be run and installed without causing damage to them?

The vehicle will be in open loop, not damaging the O2 sensors.

Russ Kemp

Copy Russ, thank you!