Thread: 2002 mustang got Procharger question

Potential Tuner

2002 mustang got Procharger question

So before I purchase hp tuners, I was wondering what kind of support or base line tuning is out there for for the setup I want to run. I?m new to all of this , so thanks for your patience.
    Are you able to disable egr? Also base line tuning for a Procharger with different Maf and larger injectors.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    HP Tuners is a tunershop grade tool, it is up to YOU the tuner to do the actual tuning.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I know. I guess what I am asking is if there is a lot of support or if a lot of people have these type of engines the 4.6 2 valves that run HP tuners. I see a lot of people share tune files or have input. I have no problem trying it myself. But I didn’t know if anyone has had any experience with HP tuning a 4.6 pro charged engine. I don’t want to buy it and not have any support or resource.

There are a couple of supercharged 4.6 files in the repository that you could use for reference.

https://www.hptuners.com/my-account/...wnload&id=1762

Supercharged IMRC delete. Gears, Injectors lots of mods
    https://www.hptuners.com/my-account/...wnload&id=1765

Procharged Injectors Many mods

Tuner in Training
    Not many people are utilizing HPtuners for EEC-V vehicles as there are other arguably better tuning options for them. I do not see allot of people asking questions or getting much feed back regarding tuning these vehicles as well. Plus age of these cars and typical wiring problems are causing constant dash drop outs during datalogging.

If you have someone local willing to train you on tuning and has experience with HPtuners or you are willing to put in A LOT of hours learning to tune yourself (given not a lot of people are using hptuners for EEC-V so very little resources to be found forums or elsewhere) then go for it.

I already had an MPVI2 for my chrysler 300 so might as well use it on my 2001 Cobra, from my experience so far hard to find much that is applicable to the EEC-V stuff and very little tunes in the repository. During winter months I will have more time to learn these cars, but it is just learning from scratch.

I would reach out to your local tuning resources and see what they use and get pricing to see if your time is worth it.

Additionally, I do not see many remote tuners who will tune with HPTUNERs on the EEC-Vs either.

Advanced Tuner
    Hptuners barely started supporting Mustangs 2004 and older and cobras when they released the mpvi2. The support grew a lot actually with the release of the mpvi2, they introduced a lot of new makes.