Thread: ve tables

Potential Tuner

ve tables

I 2-bar converted my 2002 pickup. The question is why when looking at similar modified vehicle tune files are the ve tables below 105 kpa so different than the stock tune below 105 kpa. Mine is a 5.3 with a vs racing billet 78/75 Tick manifold and decapped oe injectors and a ls3 vette cam. Have found 2 similar vehicles on Sloppy Mech. But cant seem to locate the tune repository on here. Thanks for any help Rod Cole

Tuner
    go to hptuners.com and log into your account, you'll find it there.

The larger injectors are a good reason why. They flow so much more fuel that the VE table will now require a lesser value to give it less fuel. It's very common to see a stock VE up in the 70-90's and the turbo VE with larger injectors only around 50-70 in the same area's.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    So when you change the injector size it does not scale the ve to the new injector size?
    thanks for the responces.

Tuner in Training
    The VE table wont change when you change injector size if I understand things correctly.
    The VE table is airflow only.
    If your VE is tuned properly and you have injector info correct for 26lb injectors, then update to 42lb injectors. The VE (airflow) stays the same, the computer will just tell the injectors to stay open less to match whatever value you have in the VE table.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lowlow4g64t View Post
    The VE table wont change when you change injector size if I understand things correctly.
    The VE table is airflow only.
    If your VE is tuned properly and you have injector info correct for 26lb injectors, then update to 42lb injectors. The VE (airflow) stays the same, the computer will just tell the injectors to stay open less to match whatever value you have in the VE table.
    theory is true but real world for the majority of users is not going to see this happen without a change in ve to correct built up error.
    most of us do our best to set a legitimate ve, but without extremely expensive equipment the theory is hard to achieve.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman