Thread: Scanner With Tq input not outputting Hp correct

Advanced Tuner

Scanner With Tq input not outputting Hp correct

I have an Mpvi2 that has a 0-5v output from the Dyno that goes into the input of the Mpvi2, that will output Dyne Tq. So I can have actual Dyne Tq logged into the Scanner. From there, I take the reported ([Dyne Tq. x Engine Speed] / 5252]) to get Whp in the log. But for some reason the math isn't adding up correct. How can the basic math be off? Here is a screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by h2.4; 09-05-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I have a similar problem with an AEM wideband AFR meter. I transform the 0-5v signal to AFR in the chart field and it display a proper AFR in the Chart section. However, when I attempt to chart this over time, the chart displays the 0-5v values and not the transformed values. Makes comparing commanded AFR versus Actual AFR difficult.

I have reported this as a bug but haven't received any acknowledgement from HPTuners. Piss poor customer service.

You may have to define your dyno torque as a math parameter referencing you 0-5v signal instead of using the transform function.

Advanced Tuner
    Weird thing is, It is a math that I did for torque that is being displayed. So when I take that tq data, multiply if by rpm and divide by 5252, that simple math doesn't come out correct for horsepower. It's like the simple calculation is not right.