Thread: 08 Charger, SRT8, VERY high VE, can't figure out why.

Advanced Tuner

08 Charger, SRT8, VERY high VE, can't figure out why.

So it's been a little while since I've done one of these. Normally they aren't that big of deal. First off I know NOTHING about this car. Came to me from a dealership who knows nothing about it. Car has a unknown cam, LT, no cats, CAI. Car idles, drives good.

I'v having several issues from excessive false spark knock, MAP dropping out, pig rich after 5800 and some other things.

Yes the knock sensors are turned off right now, no they won't stay like that. I turned them off to be able to make a full pull. Timing is very soft so I'm not worried about hurting it when I'm trying to figure the fueling out.

The VE table at idle, cruise, part throttle looks really similar to that last few of these I've done. However at WOT to get the fueling where it needs to be my VE table is in the 140's. No boost here...just NA.

The injectors are stock. I'm guessing the fuel pump is stock.

I verified fuel pressure on the dyno and it starts out at 58psi and drops down to 55 at the end of the pull.

New WB02's on the dyno, calibrated, they match from bank to bank. Bank 1 is logged on the dyno, bank 2 in HPT.

At first I was almost 100% sure the fuel pressure had to be dropping out at WOT but to my surprise it wasn't.

The injector duty cycle IMO is high for the power it's making, 450ish at 5600.

Either I am just completely missing something or it has some issue that I can't figure out. I've attached the latest tune and pull.

Thanks for any insight. Normally I do OK with these cars but this one has kicked me in the balls.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I would start with disabling baro learning and enabling map. It seems to be doing learning in WOT as the tps voltage is below the threshold.

You could try lowering the threshold but i would imagine that could cause it to skew it all up.

Also i would zero out the FA temp control table under Enrich Max. Good luck brother.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by luciddeath View Post
    I would start with disabling baro learning and enabling map. It seems to be doing learning in WOT as the tps voltage is below the threshold.

You could try lowering the threshold but i would imagine that could cause it to skew it all up.

Also i would zero out the FA temp control table under Enrich Max. Good luck brother.
    I appreciate the response.

I have enabled MAP but left BARO the same.

I know Mopars can be finicky and are different from year to year, but this one has me whopped at the moment.

I was looking at my last 6.1 cam tune and everything is the same except the VE in WOT. I have a hard time feeling good about letting a NA car go with 145 VE when it's NA.

Totally agree with you on that. Did you try disabling the fuel correction to see if there is any change?

How do you feel about the fso tq management? I always disable it so it doesn't come in. Also is your fueling really that rich above 5800? It was reading like .67 eq

Advanced Tuner
    Totally agree with you on that. Did you try disabling the fuel correction to see if there is any change?

How do you feel about the fso tq management? I always disable it so it doesn't come in. Also is your fueling really that rich above 5800? It was reading like .67 eq
    Once I turned off the knock sensors(it won't leave the shop like that, timing is soft right now)and I was able to make a pull past 5500, it's goes pig rich on it's own. Commanded doesn't change. There is something else going on there.

but you don't think that CAT is not adding that extra fuel? there is also a FA Enrichment parameter you can add to see actual fueling.. it might say that .86 eq is commended but if that adder is there it won't show on the commanded eq since it's added to the FA

Advanced Tuner
    but you don't think that CAT is not adding that extra fuel? there is also a FA Enrichment parameter you can add to see actual fueling.. it might say that .86 eq is commended but if that adder is there it won't show on the commanded eq since it's added to the FA
    I believe you to be correct on all of this. I will look at it when I'm at the shop. Thank you