Thread: LS2 - E40 ECU tuning issues

Potential Tuner

LS2 - E40 ECU tuning issues

Morning all

I am having difficulties getting a car to run correctly after a complete LS2 and T56 conversion into a 70 camaro. Essentially, The engine/ECU was a factory auto combo. I have added the T56. I can get the car to run and drive and idle decently, however having a lot of difficulties under load, it appears to miss fire at about 2k onwards, it doesnt like it at all.

Plugs, gapped correctly, leads, fuel tank, pump everything is 100% new. Fuel pressure is stable at 58PSI. I read somewhere that its related to torque management and applied a fix that someone else had done who was successful. however for me, that didn't work.

The only thing in the whole car at this stage that is not working is the speedo as I believe I wired it the wrong way round. That will be a fix I am going to try and resolve today.

If I upload a map or log file up would someone be able to assist with this?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks all

Tuner in Training
    definitely just post the file, people generally dont help until youve at least done that as its kind of just guessing.
    when i swapped, my car wouldnt go above 1600rpm...
    had to do with some of the auto trans functions still being activated and the wheel/tire combo size being wrong.
    "torque management" would disable injectors.

If it was me, I'd have the computer flashed with a operating system that was a LS2/T56 combo. I wouldn't use the LS2/4L60/70e to start with or wouldn't want to go that route.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Post up your tune and a scan if you have it with wideband input. Do you still run the maf ?
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Potential Tuner
    Sorry, amature to this. Where on here can I attach a copy of the tune and log? I cant find that option in the tool bar.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    you have to make an advanced reply
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    Guys. See attached files. Thanks so much for your assistance
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by venom502; 09-10-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Hello all

Its with great excitement, after a 1 week long episode of attempting to overcome constant torque management application, after disabling every possible feature, yet it still doing what it wants to, we have a fix.

Essentially its an OS update to the firmware of the ECU. It was a GM released update specific for the E40 to rectify some faults in the ECU. The application of this alone resulted in a perfect scenario we everything is doing what its supposed to, including torque management/traction control being disabled.

Thanks all