Thread: Spark TQ Ratio Settings can Affect Fuel Source

Spark TQ Ratio Settings can Affect Fuel Source

Just wanted to share some interesting behavior.

I was trying to limit the amount of spark retard after a quick pedal blip while idling (goes to ~ 12* ATDC)

It seemed obvious to use the Spark TQ Ratio Limit and Spark Only TQ Ratio. Based on the setting descriptions, "Spark Only..." went from 0.000 to 1.000; and "Spark...Limit" went from 0.500 to 1.000; in theory disabling any spark reduction for "Target N" (which was the torque source during the retardation).

Not only did this have zero impact on the spark reduction; it actually cause a roughly 9 second period of open loop fueling, following the blip; where it stays closed loop with the stock settings.

Maybe someone has a better explanation of these settings, which matches this behavior:

spark tq ratio blips.jpg

Logs of each:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    Logs of each:
    I'm not surprised about injector lean/cut since you took the spark authority away but I am surprised it made no difference in spark. I'm just as curious as you
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results