Thread: infiniti g37 dyno update

Tuner in Training

infiniti g37 dyno update

hi everyone, i just want to share our project g37 allmotor and the updates in it because we decide to use hptuner and not osiris

first we put the car in the dyno a few weeks ago and with just exhaust we get in 3rd gear 267hp and with the reflash we get 279hp with 93 shell gas, and in 4th gear we get 292hp (the car is auto transmission) COMPLETE stock engine just reflash and exhaust NO headers.
    THEN we put a g35 hr plastic plenum "better" ported and ported the aluminum middle intake manifold, we put 650cc injector clinic injectors and a walbro fuel pump to run e85 and new spark plugs (another brand)

i get some tips from hptuners guy

now this is the new dyno numbers and issues
    FIRST the car i put the latency of the injectors in the program and the car start up right away but when i do a WOT in neutral the car make like a missfire and i play a little with the program and found the fuel flow rate and move here and there and the car work perfect with 650cc injectors and e85,
    now time for go to the dyno...
    we put the car in the dyno and make the first pass the car have 263hp with perfect AFR... so the car lose 16 hp in 3rd gear.... how can be possible with e85 plus all the other changes.... well something the car doesnt like it...

now its time to play with HPTUNERS, with perfect AFR in wot i decide to put more to see if the car need more but no changes in horsepower so next step
    play with timing, vvl and vvt,
    this time move some numbers and i get 20hp increase just moving those things...
    so from 263hp that day we get 283hp in 3rd gear and 296hp in 4th gear...

now we order bigger aluminum intakes, the stock oem sparkplugs and we are going to put vq35de throttles (biggers) to see what we get

stay "TUNED"

IMG_8068.JPG

IMG_8024.jpg

Tuner in Training
    hey pal, nice g37 . would you mind sharing the file I'm trying to calibrate some 650injectors on a 2017 370z

regards

Any update? I have a g35hr and am interested more now

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys! I just made an account here so I could chime in / subscribe to this discussion. I'm a new VQ37VHR owner (2010 Infiniti G37x). I recently bought an EcuTek kit for tuning but was considering returning it and switching to HPTuners. I got excited, made a long post about HPTuners over at myG37.com to discuss interest: Thoughts on HPTuners?

Then I come over here and see somewhat disappointing news. Does it seem like everyone has the same experience: Zero Gains when tuning our cars with HPTuners? How is it that UpRev and EcuTek can both tune these cars very well at all kinds of power levels but HPTuners cannot? I think HPT has been around longer, is bigger, has way more end-users and tuners, is more widely available, etc etc so what gives? Is this something that HPTuners software/engineers have to fix on their end with the capabilities of the tuning software suite? Or is it just that tuners aren't that familiar with these engines on HPTuners and just need more time/practice/learning?

Anyway, I'll continue to monitor for any progress... but sadly it seems this isn't the way to go for us VQ guys right now It's too bad because outside of any of the little quirky stupid things like burble or pop things mixed into the tune (I could care less), it seems like HPTuners is feature-rich and has tuned so many platforms in the world with huge horsepower numbers. I have a friend with a 1200whp Corvette he tuned himself on HPT.