Thread: PX Ranger 3.2 SID208 - Nametags

Potential Tuner

PX Ranger 3.2 SID208 - Nametags

Good evening, I was hoping anyone could shed some light on the use of names for all these tables.. IE pilot, main, post injection for fuel mass and injection timing. The names used on this is confusing, Especially when there's several configs ect.

Any help deciphering the nametagging without having to guess and use the trial & error method would be greatly appreciated, Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner
    Hi ??????,
    Firstly, HPT seem to use these sort of terms in a contextual way. Basically use the words to help you to understand the presented tables rather than explicitly describe something (although it's meaningful to me these days). Look at different .hpt files and you'll start to get a feel for the way HPT names stuff.
    To answer your questions...
    Each firing stroke can have multiple injections, a Preinjection1(Pilot1), Preinjection2(Pilot2), Maininjection, Postinjection1 and Postinjection2 (depends on ECU and emissions which of these might be valid).
    Different Configs apply under different operating conditions e.g Very cold, cold, warm, hot or No-boost vs Lots of boost; that sort of stuff. Knowing when a Config is applicable is normally discovered by using the Scanner and going for a drive and matching stuff up. Hopefully the scanner includes the parameters you're looking to understand (sometimes they don't... ) In the scheme of things the SID208 is not excessively complex, so might be a good time to decide if this is your thing. If this is your first foray into tuning then spend the next 3 months just using the scanner and learn which tables are active at which times so you can adjust the relevant tables (probably 10% of total tables). Some tables you probably won't want to touch, like those used for Cold Start.

If you'd like to share your stock tune file, I'd appreciate it.

hth,

Edit: SOI is Start Of Injection, but that's a standard term.
    Last edited by VFL77; 11-01-2020 at 04:36 AM.
    Ian B
    '15 Holden VF SSVR L77(gone), '19 Ford Ranger PX3 3.2TD, '22 Toyota GDJ150

Potential Tuner
    Hi Ian, Thanks for the response!

I'm a diesel mechanic and I've done a bit of dyno tuning - (On my ford V8 using different software) but as far as diesel injection goes, ive spent a few years working at a diesel injection workshop so have a fair in depth knowledge of common rail and direct injection diesel systems. However my own PX will be the first CRI ive tuned and will be hiring a dyno when doing so. ATM the ute is undergoing some work to the body and exterior for camping and also doing rear main as its started leaking so thus far the vehicle isnt "on the road" so to speak, Just trying to get an idea of the software, And how the ECU works on this ranger, hence hoping for a bit of advice on the way HP-T names certain things.

Once i get the ute drivable on road again i will do extensive data logging using the scanner so hopefully i can decipher what i need using the scanner and translate the tuning side of things.

i have looked at other ecu files like the colorado and toyota's for example and completely understand those, However this ford ecu is a little tricky so far. Im just hoping to understand each table before actually making changes and "guessing" and doing some not so nice things haha.

i will upload the factory tune file now.

Again, Thanks for the response, Any info is certainly a bonus!

Cheers,
    Harley

Potential Tuner
    This is the factory tune file,

Cheers,
    Harley
    Attached Files Attached Files