Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P0315 Crank relearn varient code?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by IARLLC View Post
    You are right. Even a fresh 2019 L86 runs noticeably smoother after the crank position is learned. It is worth it to find a 2003 V8 P59. I don't know all of the differences between 2002 and 2003 but the AC related e-fan controls are MUCH better starting in 2003.

As for the intake tube combination, it is easy to adjust the tune to work accurately with these mods. No big deal.

So for the MAP...Is your intake manifold and MAP from a 2003 or 2012?

Can you attach your tune? Just need to make sure the MAP settings are right for the MAP.
    Intake and map are LS1 2000ish?
    I did some research last night and found that ALOT of company's are selling the exact service# and hardware # ecu as I have for LS swaps with them listing they will work for 4.8 5.3 5.7 6.0 8.0 8.2. So I am starting to think this replaced the 0411 from 03 on. I think what im going to do is do some logging with vehicle platform type and see if I can find which one works. I am currently using Y type since that is what Corvette used in 04. My alt, maf, and 04 vette also. Seemed to run the smoothest. but maybe the cam and crank needs something different than that. going to see if the gm800 or gm 610 will fix the issue and still allow the motor to run smooth. I know when I was chasing the injector issue it ran like shit on the GM610. Maybe now since that is resolved it will work.
    Here is my current tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Recently I used a 2002 Corvette 0411 (obviously V8 on a friend's Mini 4.3 swap. It worked flawlessly. I just used GM tools with ACDelcoTDS to change the system to a manual trans 2002 4.3 5speed. Then tuned it. I am sure that a 2002 or 2003 P59 from a 4.3 can be made to run a 5.3 properly, I just have not done it via HPTuners...so I am not sure about it.

Changing the platform will affect a few things that might not be allowed. I would be concerned that some of the platforms might not be compatible with that exact P59. It depends what exactly you need it to run for you but if it came from a pick-up then you might want to stick with GM800 or something like that. Any of the LS based platforms should operate the motor functions as long as they had the same options that you are using....vette should not have any better chance reading the cam and crank sensors correctly than a pick-up platform. As long as the correct cam and crank sensors are being used and the correct upper gear and cover are being used (and no slack in the chain) you should not lose the crank position once learned.

John Lingenfelter was a truly great man. I could never say anything remotely negative about him...And I have read where several people have had issues with the Lingenfelter 24x 58x box. Maybe it is the whole issue.

Tuner in Training
    FIXED!! Changing the Vehicle type did nothing. Then I thought about it and this issue didn't happen until after I did the segment swap. So I thought maybe i'll just segment swap back to the original config and start over. To make sure I wasn't wasting my time I read the ecu to compare to the original and see what has changed. Notice that I wasn't running the same OS as the segment swap. I was still running the original engine OS. Then I remember that after the segment swap I flashed my original Z06 tune that I was running before. That tune has the original OS marker and wasn't being compared to the new swapped OS. So I went back to the original Segment swap file I made and loaded that. Low and behold I was able to do the relearn and it took!! It was running super lean and like shit but I swapped all my Z06 info to that file and shes running fine and no codes except now I have a code P0522 for low oil pressure voltage. My gauge reads 45psi so I know its just the segment swap that's not reading that sender now. Even went back to the Y type and all is good. I might segment swap the whole thing back to original and start over since the oil thing wasn't present at that time. That and I'll feel better with ecu programed as it was factory and get everything tuned from there. My new Hooker exhaust just got here so i'm going to do that first then go back and smooth everything back and start over. If it don't take i'll know what I have to do to fix it. Worth a try.

That is AWESOME! Glad you did not give up. Good job!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by IARLLC View Post
    That is AWESOME! Glad you did not give up. Good job!
    Thanx for all your help IARLLC!!
    you kept me looking in different directions till I got on the right track. That's how I like to Trouble shoot. Hash it out with someone till the light bulb goes on.

Thanx again.

By the way I did go back to the original OS and it wouldn't fire on all 8. "Rewrote all" back to the last one and No misfires and firing on all 8.

So for anyone reading this for resolution the segment swap to a V8 engine, engine diag, and systems is a definite need to do.

Cool for me too. I found out that I don't have to pay ACDelcoTDS every time