Thread: 0-60 Times Displayed

Potential Tuner

0-60 Times Displayed

I was wondering if there is a way to display your 0-60, 1/8th mile, and 1/4 miles times on the overlay. I have played with this for hours and cannot figure it out. 0-60 for example in my mind would flash on the screen for a few seconds (user defined as to how long), or even to the end of the run.

The TrackAddict app shows me this info after the run, which is nice to have, but I'd like to add this to my videos.

Potential Tuner
    Thats exactly what Ive been trying to do today, cant seem to manage to find away of doing this.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Regor View Post
    I was wondering if there is a way to display your 0-60, 1/8th mile, and 1/4 miles times on the overlay. I have played with this for hours and cannot figure it out. 0-60 for example in my mind would flash on the screen for a few seconds (user defined as to how long), or even to the end of the run.

The TrackAddict app shows me this info after the run, which is nice to have, but I'd like to add this to my videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellacoffee View Post
    Thats exactly what Ive been trying to do today, cant seem to manage to find away of doing this.
    The difficulty with the standard gauges is that you're looking at three separate fields: Distance/Speed vs Time. Fortunately, you can reference other field values in the Enhanced Object Script Editor.

This should be decently close to what you're asking for: Drag Stats.rro

It should look similar to this once imported:
    DragStatsPreview.png

You'll need to download the .rro file into the Styles folder where RaceRender keeps it's gauges. On Windows, it will be under My Documents\RaceRender 3\Styles

This relies on the calculated "(Distance miles)" field. If you have a more accurate distance field, then you can just select that. This also relies on the GetCurLapTime function to get the time within the current lap. This requires that a Lap 0 be accurate to when your timing would start (can be manually entered with the Laps button, or can be calculated if the start and finish are set).

Let me know if this works for you two.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboBob View Post
    The difficulty with the standard gauges is that you're looking at three separate fields: Distance/Speed vs Time. Fortunately, you can reference other field values in the Enhanced Object Script Editor.

DragStatsPreview.png

You'll need to download the .rro file into the Styles folder where RaceRender keeps it's gauges. On Windows, it will be under My Documents\RaceRender 3\Styles

This relies on the calculated "(Distance miles)" field. If you have a more accurate distance field, then you can just select that. This also relies on the GetCurLapTime function to get the time within the current lap. This requires that a Lap 0 be accurate to when your timing would start (can be manually entered with the Laps button, or can be calculated if the start and finish are set).

HoboBob, thank you so much. This gives me something to study and build my knowledge from.

Potential Tuner

DragStatsPreview.png

is there an idiots guide to this as i cant get it to work

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AMD87TS View Post
    is there an idiots guide to this as i cant get it to work
    If you're having trouble importing the object at all into RaceRender, you'll need to copy the .rro attachment above into Documents -> RaceRender 3 -> Styles folder. Then if RaceRender is open, close it. Open RaceRender and your project. Then, click Add (under Display Objects), click on the Enhanced Display Object category in the pop-up, and click on "Drag Stats" to add it to your video.

If you've already added it but are having trouble getting it to display anything, this object relies on the current Lap Time to work. Typically, display objects will simply react to whatever is currently in the input data files on any given frame that needs to be rendered. However, this object needs to take note of the time when a certain point is reached and keep track of that through the end of the video. This means that if you're jumping around using the time slider that it might overwrite a previous value since it basically restarts its calculations and forgets the time when you first crossed that distance and uses the current time instead. You don't need to worry about that when you render the video though since it will correctly calculate everything there (assuming you render the entire run).

The most likely issue that you're seeing is that the lap time is not setup correctly causing it to look like it took you all of your warm-up time prior to the run itself starting just to get to 60ft. If that's the case, find the frame where the lights turn green, then click on "Side by Side" under Input Files. In that pop-up window, change the left dropdown file to be your Input Data File (it likely defaults to it already), and copy the "Sync Input Time" textbox (I'll use 00:00:19.971 in this example). Close the pop-up, and then click on "Laps" next to the "Create Video" button. In the Lap List pop-up, click Edit Lap Times, and before the Lap 001 add a Lap 000:
    Lap 000: 00:00:19.971
    Lap 001: 00:00:53.713

Now click OK. This tells RaceRender that the time and distance for your lap start at that point in your data file (i.e. when the lights turn green). This should get you the correct times (or at least much closer). You could also try synchronizing the opposite way if you know the exact time that you crossed the finish line by lining up everything there instead of at the beginning.

Note that the way the object is setup right now, only the first run in any given session will work. If your data file spans multiple runs, then you would either need to edit your data file to remove the other runs, or I would need to modify the object to work differently (e.g. you could instead store values in a separate data file and synchronize that to the start of the run which might work better if you have the exact values on a slip and simply want to display them as you pass that exact moment). I can pretty easily do that, but I'd prefer not to waste time if that's not the issue that you're having.

If none of those work, please describe what specifically isn't working, and I'll see what I can do to debug.

Potential Tuner
    If you're having trouble importing the object at all into RaceRender, you'll need to copy the .rro attachment above into Documents -> RaceRender 3 -> Styles folder. Then if RaceRender is open, close it. Open RaceRender and your project. Then, click Add (under Display Objects), click on the Enhanced Display Object category in the pop-up, and click on "Drag Stats" to add it to your video.

If you've already added it but are having trouble getting it to display anything, this object relies on the current Lap Time to work. Typically, display objects will simply react to whatever is currently in the input data files on any given frame that needs to be rendered. However, this object needs to take note of the time when a certain point is reached and keep track of that through the end of the video. This means that if you're jumping around using the time slider that it might overwrite a previous value since it basically restarts its calculations and forgets the time when you first crossed that distance and uses the current time instead. You don't need to worry about that when you render the video though since it will correctly calculate everything there (assuming you render the entire run).

The most likely issue that you're seeing is that the lap time is not setup correctly causing it to look like it took you all of your warm-up time prior to the run itself starting just to get to 60ft. If that's the case, find the frame where the lights turn green, then click on "Side by Side" under Input Files. In that pop-up window, change the left dropdown file to be your Input Data File (it likely defaults to it already), and copy the "Sync Input Time" textbox (I'll use 00:00:19.971 in this example). Close the pop-up, and then click on "Laps" next to the "Create Video" button. In the Lap List pop-up, click Edit Lap Times, and before the Lap 001 add a Lap 000:
    Lap 000: 00:00:19.971
    Lap 001: 00:00:53.713

Now click OK. This tells RaceRender that the time and distance for your lap start at that point in your data file (i.e. when the lights turn green). This should get you the correct times (or at least much closer). You could also try synchronizing the opposite way if you know the exact time that you crossed the finish line by lining up everything there instead of at the beginning.

Note that the way the object is setup right now, only the first run in any given session will work. If your data file spans multiple runs, then you would either need to edit your data file to remove the other runs, or I would need to modify the object to work differently (e.g. you could instead store values in a separate data file and synchronize that to the start of the run which might work better if you have the exact values on a slip and simply want to display them as you pass that exact moment). I can pretty easily do that, but I'd prefer not to waste time if that's not the issue that you're having.

If none of those work, please describe what specifically isn't working, and I'll see what I can do to debug.
    thanks ive managed to get it working now but the times are way off, any ideas how to make it more inline or is it a case of keep trying to sync

Advanced Tuner
    thanks ive managed to get it working now but the times are way off, any ideas how to make it more inline or is it a case of keep trying to sync
    If you have a lot of data recording prior to the start, you might need to adjust the field to (Distance in Lap ft) instead of just (Distance miles). This one has been adjusted to use feet instead of miles and would work correctly with that field (assuming you set the lap 0 time correctly): Drag Stats-DistanceIntoLap.rro

If that doesn't work and you know the exact times for each data point, you can try using this one instead. Fill out this sample CSV and add it as an input file (be sure to fill out the same time on both lines):
    Drag Times Sample.csv

And then add this Display Object:
    Drag Stats-Exact.rro

You'll want to make sure that the Input File lines up with exactly when the lights turn green (no need to set the Lap 0 time for this file/object).

Hopefully one of those will work for you.

Potential Tuner
    If you have a lot of data recording prior to the start, you might need to adjust the field to (Distance in Lap ft) instead of just (Distance miles). This one has been adjusted to use feet instead of miles and would work correctly with that field (assuming you set the lap 0 time correctly): Drag Stats-DistanceIntoLap.rro

If that doesn't work and you know the exact times for each data point, you can try using this one instead. Fill out this sample CSV and add it as an input file (be sure to fill out the same time on both lines):
    Drag Times Sample.csv

And then add this Display Object:
    Drag Stats-Exact.rro

You'll want to make sure that the Input File lines up with exactly when the lights turn green (no need to set the Lap 0 time for this file/object).

Hopefully one of those will work for you.
    still no joy lol its about 1.1 second off on the 60mph time tried to do it manually through the csv but it wouldnt populate

Advanced Tuner
    still no joy lol its about 1.1 second off on the 60mph time tried to do it manually through the csv but it wouldnt populate
    If you upload your .rrp file and any data files to Google Drive (or other file sharing location) and share the link, I could try to get a better feel for what needs to be updated. Don't worry about the videos since they would probably be pretty large.

Potential Tuner
    this is the file ive been using as the test one
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gf2...ew?usp=sharing

im just using the rrp ones above

Potential Tuner
    hello i am trying to get Drag Stats.rro to show in my enhanced objects popup but nothing there. I closed and opened project couple of times

ScreenShot3148.jpg

ScreenShot3147.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by efcivic View Post
    hello i am trying to get Drag Stats.rro to show in my enhanced objects popup but nothing there. I closed and opened project couple of times

ScreenShot3148.jpg

ScreenShot3147.jpg
    You might just need to copy it to the correct folder. For me, this is in Documents\RaceRender 3\Styles