Thread: serial port aem channel problems

Tuner in Training

serial port aem channel problems

im trying to use the serial out put from my Aem 30-0300 with a serial to usb. My issue is the channels vanish when i start scan.
    I have try restarting laptop after connecting.serial port not working.hpl
    Last edited by Criegel; 09-08-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Tuner in Training
    AFR.Channels.xml This is my channel config

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Criegel View Post
    im trying to use the serial out put from my Aem 30-0300 with a serial to usb. My issue is the channels vanish when i start scan.
    I have try restarting laptop after connecting.serial port not working.hpl
    I had an issue with the same thing. Go into your device manager and scroll down to serial/usb devices. You should see a prolific serial-usb device. Right click it and click preferences. Itll open a pop up window. There should be a device driver tab click it. If the date of the device driver is after September of 09 there is a debug in the driver that checks for a counterfeit prolific chip. If the cable was cheap more than likely its counterfeit. There is a website with the correct drivers i installed that fixed my same issues. I was blaming it on my wideband and had already emailed aem about it. Im in the bed now but i will try to get some pics and a website for you.

Any update with this as im having same issue.
    My car is 2004 HSV LS2 E40
    AEM 30-0300 scan with serial

Advanced Tuner
    I had the issue quite a bit until I went into the device manager and set it to COM1. When booting the laptop, I need to wait until I get a cursor flash in the upper right hand corner before plugging in the USB/serial cable, but I think thast has more to do with current draw on the USB plug. Sometimes I get that error otherwise.

My Fault, I just realised that I pined the serial port as a male plug when it is a female plug.
    Amazingly Now it works like it should.