Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 R-Spec tuning

Looks like the AFRs were much more stable this run, had a 3/4 and mini 4. Car felt good again, no hiccups anywhere, tip-in is good, roll off is good, sensitivity is good. Attached is the log, it was pretty clean overall and I liked the feel.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Indeed, lambda is a lot more stable now; pretty satisfied with it.

Curiously, overall power was a bit down up top which was unexpected because leaner lambda in that region should have resulted in more power.

It was also unexpected even though IATs were just a bit higher than yesterday, but still lower than 104.9 degrees F row in the Max. Desired Load map (Airflow > General), where I set the values to 228. Load shouldn't be in the low 220s unless IATs are ~120 degrees F.

ECTs were also a bit higher than previously seen; perhaps this condition resulted in lower power output. You didn't have the EGT PID active on this log, so I couldn't see EGTs, but I'm confident they are still well under the CP early threshold.
    Last edited by zugig; 09-21-2019 at 09:23 PM.

I swear this Scanner will be the death of me. I?m going to reset these PIDs again tomorrow and run another log. Then save the channel list 14 times so I don?t have to continue loading this. I don?t know how it disappeared, I opened it, loaded the channels and proceeded but it seems to have twisted me up.

I?m not surprised the temps were all higher, normally it has been about 60/70 degrees during the day testing and in the 50s on the night tests, but yesterday and today we are looking at 85.

Interesting tid bit on IAT vs load, I will go back and check that map out as well so I understand the values more.

Try this PID config XML. I replicated what I had from my 2013 VT list.

z-14rs-pid-min.channels.xml

z-14rs-pid-min.png

I'm going through the 2013 recall tune and doing some more cleanup on 1.09; found some maps with incorrect or updated row/column headers.
    Last edited by zugig; 09-22-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Last edited by zugig; 09-22-2019 at 08:35 PM.

Yea the 2XXX series PIDs come up as gray and broken and disappear when I go to record but I will try them in the morning. Looked over the file, saw a little spark change but a bundle of other little changes, the wastegate one I am going to look into deeper. I don't quite have a full grasp on those adjustments and their effects as a whole on the tune.

Looking forward to the results of tomorrow mornings pulls.

Thanks so much!

No problem.

Just a few more lambda stabilization, safety and oversight tweaks, small consistency additions from the recall tune, base ignition map smoothed up for more accurate interpolation (small bump at very top after the recall tune change cut it down too much).

If any of those PIDs disappear, use the image as a reference to find compatible PIDs via the search field, when adding new PIDs.

Need to see EGT, WGDC and KR (for each cylinder) on every log going forward.

Make sure you update to the latest beta (4.5.644 as of this post) and try adding my PID list again.
    Last edited by zugig; 09-22-2019 at 08:18 PM.

I found and fixed an error in the low octane spark offset map. 3 cells were 3.00 degrees and they should've been -3.00 degrees. Post #45 has the updated bin.

Loaded up the 'Updated' this morning, the PIDs are being super funky now, I think I am going to need to reach out to HPT direct, I can't even find the PIDs using the search feature. It's like the ECM profile has 10 known PIDs that I can search and that's it. It almost looks like the OBD integration isn't working.......I will look more into it today. Attached was the log from this morning, no pulls since I am running into this logging issue.

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 8.25.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 8.25.32 AM.png

Yep, something is janky for sure. Might need an updated MPVI2 driver.

[email protected]

Did this one feel any different or essentially the same?

Relatively similar, bit cleaner in that lower/middle end response. I like the mid-range power feel as well, it's responsive. I will know more once I can get a good pull done.

Heard anything back from support?

Yes they have been quick but nothing that has fixed the issue; reinstall VCMScanner and re-poll is really all I got so far. Waiting for some deeper support.

Seems like more of a driver or connectivity issue to me. Have you installed the latest MPVI2 driver?

Agreed. I have. I reinstalled everything HPT fresh to reset it but for whatever reason it?s like my vehicle profile comes back the same each time. Now I mean I don?t really want to but if I have to reimage my entire VM if it?s the issue I will.

Without knowing what type of host OS it is, nor which virtual hosting software you're using, most modern VM engines sufficiently handle USB connections, but I guess it could be a USB driver issue.

I would just pick up a cheap, dedicated Windows 7 (not a fan of 10's Big Bro tactics) tablet PC or netbook, if you want to take virtual out of the equation. Craigslist is a good place to find a W7 netbook locally for under 100 bucks.

We are all good! I think it was something to do on the HPT end as far as naming, they sent me an email to repoll after a day of no response and it magically worked perfect so if it was on their end or mine its fixed now!!!! Logs to come

Outstanding.

Little bad and little good; 02, PSI, Throttle and PIDs (all but EGT now work) but I have pulled up some KR in 3 cylinders and overall, also popped two codes.

Conditions were not ideal by any means, it's a soggy night out and leaves are falling.

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 8.12.30 PM.png

The DTCs are rear O2 catalyst-related (downpipe); you'll have to decide if you want to turn off the rear O2 sensor or disable those DTCs. I won't do that for you since it is illegal.

The KR events appear to be primarily burst (tip-in) KR, or BKR. Adaptive knock learning was only enabled with ECT coolant temps above 176 deg F and you were in the 181 deg F range.

I changed the KR response timing to be more progressive, based on knock severity (higher intensity knock, more timing pulled and vice versa).

I also changed the KR Recovery Delay from 3s (an eternity) to 1s, changed adaptive knock learning from 176 deg F to 191 deg F to reduce impact where ECT is cooler (below 190 deg F).

Finally, I added more timing to the maximum knock retard table, so if timing drops a lot within 1s, you'll know it's real knock.

In essence, we are tightening up the KR functionality/response behavior before we resort to adjusting timing or fueling.

Visual summary:
    14rs-krmods.png

Results:
    14VTR-1.11-Zkrmods.hpt

I can't stress enough that you absolutely NEED to be able to log EGT if you want me to go further with power adjustments.
    egt-b1s1-sae.png

While you're at it, remove all those white space lines, non-essential items and duplicate items in your PID list. Not a fan of sloppy configs. Look at my list again and tighten yours up.

Try 1.11 and capture another 3rd gear pull log and we'll go from there.
    Last edited by zugig; 09-27-2019 at 01:02 AM.