Thread: Tune past 5700 rpm

Tuner in Training moparsoldier85's Avatar

Tune past 5700 rpm

I have a '12 Charger R/T and i am looking to do some programming on the higher end of the rpm. I can only tune up to 5700 RPM but i am looking to get to over 6k. Any suggestions on how i can do this?

If you would like a custom tune message my Facebook page @demigod tuning..

Otherwise there is a few limiters on the transmission side you need to change.

Look under the Transmission : General tab.. under limits.. tcm and offset need to be upped but more importantly the Ect and Eot tables should be adjusted a bit or it will hit those limits everytime. Goodluck

Tuner in Training moparsoldier85's Avatar
    I'm trying to program into the 6k range but all my RPM cells max out at 5200 rpm. The car goes to 7k without issue but i dont have the option to program that high in the editor.

You can adjust your scaling to whatever you like.. I usually up the shift pressure tables to match around 6500-6900 depending on the application. Doesn't hurt to adjust the tq management tables on trans side too.

Same goes for your spark tables

Advanced Tuner
    Just as luciddeath stated, you can adjust the limits of tables to whatever "scale" you want. You can do this by selecting the row or column name which will cause a gui to pop up where you can populate new values.
    tables.JPG