Thread: engine light

Potential Tuner

engine light

just got my 04 dodge back together, have tune pretty good until I can get it on the dyno...since enitial crank up have had engine light on but no codes coming through on the scanner...also have another question. which limiters should I focus on and can anyone give me an idea of how to start off adjusting them everytime I try to mess with them using common sense/basic knowledge the truck trips out and begins to lope super hard at start up...im not new to tuning just new to diesel tuning I attended school of automotive machinists and built the engine while I was attending, I took every class offered but they didn't talk much about diesel tuning during the tuning class...my build is fairly simple...arp main studs with gurdle arp rod bolts, mahle rings gapped a little different than suggested for more pressure, arp head studs, ported head, Hamilton 188/220 .310lift 109lsa billet cam and tappets, 103lb Hamilton springs, Hamilton pushrods rated to 1000hp, arp rocker studs, 100hp injectors, 10mm injector pump, 200gph airdog, borg warner 66/74/80 no wastegated t4 flange turbo on 2 piece bd manifold, 5inch straight pipe, aem cold air, 3.5 pusher charge pipes, mishimoto intercooler...fully built 48re all billet shafts, full billet suncoast kit, upgraded electronics, billet 4l60e governor solenoid, billet piston lever and band all the good stuff, valair triple disk billet convertor 2200 stall...trying to make 8 or better on single just need a little help working out the quirks I appreciate an advice...CUT N SHOOT, TX COAL ROLLER!!!

Banned
    Can?t help with your engine light, there is nothing stated to work off of like symptoms. Limiters, raise them. Shouldn?t cause any tripping out and loping though. But since you are the only one that can see what you did where you ended up with tripping out and loping, no one else can really say much.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Can?t help with your engine light, there is nothing stated to work off of like symptoms. Limiters, raise them. Shouldn?t cause any tripping out and loping though. But since you are the only one that can see what you did where you ended up with tripping out and loping, no one else can really say much.
    I stopped the lope I was more curious with which limiter and governor tables to focus on which matter and which don't...the engine light was on as soon as we got the engine back in and cranked before I tuned it, but lke I said when I connect hp scanner it doesn't give me any codes, it tells me no dtc found
    Last edited by Spado1987; 09-09-2019 at 06:44 AM.

Potential Tuner
    engine light on before tune sorry forgot to type that, engine super healthy no issues at all no leaks no lash gained, had instant oil pressure great fuel pressure rings sealed almost instantly...its driving me crazy cant get inspection with light on thinking about pulling bulb to get inspected lol

Banned
    I would use a real code scanner, not HPT. But with limiters, other than part throttle, they all matter. What you do with them depends on what your desired result is