Thread: P0430 1999 trans am alot of searching and no answer found

Potential Tuner

P0430 1999 trans am alot of searching and no answer found

Ok, so i didn't want to post because of the rules but after two days of searching IAM now, so if anyone can help thank you..I have a 1999 trans am that needs inspection immediately ..I had two codes because of cats throw p0430 and p0420 ..I had a stock tune and instead of wasting money because it is build project I tuned them out like I did with my 06tbss..after switching all of the sensor 2 codes to no error reported I began driving it to complete the dtc checklist for the inspection...after driving a bit the cel came back on for p0430 ? Even though I switched to no error reported ..does anyone know why??I did do a calibration write not a write entire if that is the cause

Advanced Tuner
    Typically you would put to no error report, leave the box checked and it should set an auto ready. You should only have to write calibration.

Go back and check your tune see if you missed anything or it did not take
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Potential Tuner
    Yea no error report is what I meant and I do leave the boxes checked and thank you I didn't know that there was a possibility the changes would not take I'll try again

Some codes, the changes don't 'stick' if you do it like you do other changes, just clicking the save button in the toolbar and assuming it's good. Make your changes, close all open windows/dialog boxes first, then save. Close the file, reopen, see if it stuck. If it still didn't, try as before but save as a new filename and then close/reopen.

Potential Tuner
    Yea I did what you said and it seemed to work thanks