Thread: Buy License Again After Updating to 4.4.4?

Tuner in Training

Buy License Again After Updating to 4.4.4?

I updated to 4.4.4 and I'm trying change a couple things in the tune, its telling me I have to use another credit to be able to save the changes. Why do I need to do that, I already own this file?

Just 1 credits, is it a GM car?

Possible you need to re-read the file on the car and only have it read the PCM/TCM. If you read the FSCM (fuel pump control module) it will always ask you for one more credit. Then make your changes and carry on.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    No its a Ford, I haven't read the pcm, I just want to change a couple things in the tune and reflash it, like I have 100 times before with the same car. Now I update and it tells me I need to license the file I'm modifying to save it.

Is your MPVI plugged into your computer when you attempt to save it?

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    yes and that's where it wants me to use another license, I have already used a license on this VIN with all the previous versions.

If HPT responds, they are going to tell you to email support now.

Tuner in Training
    I sent an email to them already, I different question and I figured that out so I'll ask about this. Its just frustrating that its taken 2 hours to get to this point.