Thread: Could someone look over my tune/log?

Potential Tuner

Could someone look over my tune/log?

Hi everyone, new to the forum. Hoping someone could spare the time to help a total rookie. Been reading up on a couple guides to see if i could solve an issue where the idle likes to do its own thing when coasting. Sometimes it'll fluctuate as low as 500 and spike to around 1200 with the clutch in at almost any mph. Other times it may come down to the desired idle and other times it'll just hang. It does return to an idle once i hit 0 mph every time. I've tried adding to the base running airflow to see if i could get it to hang while idling and it didn't respond even after adding 10 or so grams of air. i tried adding a few degrees in the idle range to see if i could help it from dropping so low and that didn't change anything as well. So i returned them to where they were and left it at that. I also played with the throttle cracker and follower but they don't seem to be used when coasting and i returned those to their values as well.

Car info:
    01, 6 speed, convertible
    Comp Cam: #54-478-11
    Comp Lifters
    Mellings Oil pump
    MP112 with a 2.8 pulley (1:1 rear gears)
    Stock heads (upgraded springs/pushrods/trunnions)
    Stock MAF sensor (just replaced)
    I believe a 1 bar MAP sensor
    1 3/4 longtube headers

I've been to 3 different tuners and none seem to be able to remedy the issue. 1 of which was the original shop that installed the cam. Car was purchased with the blower already installed and originally had a 3.4 pulley.
    I'm free most afternoons to do logs and i appreciate any and all help! Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Why does your throttle position never reach 0%? This is drive by cable correct?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    according to system options this is setup for etc. vin option y has annotation 1 in the etc column which would denote active etc (DBW)
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    according to system options this is setup for etc. vin option y has annotation 1 in the etc column which would denote active etc (DBW)
    Correct it is DBW and not cable. I logged the accelerator pedal to see if i was having issues with a hanging pedal. but it reads 0% when i lift off.
    Sorry, get home around 5/6pm on average.